Thasmin Appreciation Thread <3

I’ve been working on my Thasmin playlist recently and don’t quite feel like it’s ready to share yet but if anyone else has songs that they think would be good let me know

I sometimes spend time obsessed with watching YouTube mash up videos set against music.

They mostly focus on 10 or 11 though, have you seen any good ones with 13?

I tried to make my own on once, when I was so excited for “The Name of the Doctor” I was going to mash up loads of “Doctor Who?” throughout time, and Clara reading the book in the TARDIS “so that’s Who…”, stuff like that.

It was then that I discovered I’m no good at video editing. Stick to coding!

The GOAT of clip videos set to music is anything by Babelcolour - his work is phenomenal.

2 Likes

I’ve got a little youtube playlist called “Thasmin Edits That Make Me Wanna KMS” I’ll share some of the ones I think are best later

1 Like

these are so cool I have subbed
https://youtu.be/ym9DcmR9qrk
heres a link to a cool chanel I found a while back

Alright here’s just a few favorites

Make This Go On Forever

Treacherous

ceilings

Where do we go now?

And a bonus TenRose video that I was obsessed with in middle school

1 Like

"Don’t let us lose you too, Yaz had thought, holding her friend’s hand as tightly as she could. Don’t ever let us lose you.

-Combat Magicks

But I won’t let you down
Oh yeah, I will, yeah, I will, yes, I will

1 Like

Been doing my first rewatch since first airing and enjoying it a lot more than I did.

1 Like

I keep thinking maybe if you let me back in
We can make it better, breaking every habit

Thinking about their shared mattress on the floor of the console room

8 Likes

I love Thasmin, but I have one single problem in that it was introduced so late that it never had to time to go anywhere. I hope Yas and/or Thirteen comes back again at some point for the plot to be furthered more.

3 Likes

My baby, here on earth
Showed me what my heart was worth
So, when it comes to be my turn
Could you shine it down here for her?

I think it grew out of fandom. But we night have got more if we didn’t have pandemic.

2 Likes

It definitely did grow out of fandom shipping them. I imagine we would have got more without the pandemic.

2 Likes

And then one warm summer night
I’ll hear fireworks outside
And I’ll listen to the memories as they cry, cry, cry

1 Like

Just discovered this DWM cover of them with the lesbian gradient oh I need it

8 Likes

I don’t think I was picking up on romantic vibes between 13 and Yaz until late in the game. I think it was not really until “Survivors of the Flux” when we saw Yaz interact with the hologram for what we must assume was the umpteenth time on her travels with Dan and Jericho that I got onboard the Thasmin “ship”. It just adds such depth to the relationship between those characters
download

6 Likes

I didn’t think this scene could be more devastating but then the script hits me with “She doesn’t really want to do what’s being asked of her – and the Doctor doesn’t really want to be asking it of her”

7 Likes

Radio Times included Thasmin in their Doctor Who Valentine’s Day article! Doctor Who's four greatest love stories – and why they make the cut | Radio Times

4 Likes