Tardis Wiki has forked from Fandom

here’s the announcement

and here’s the new site:
https://tardis.wiki

currently it gives a 504 error (too much traffic i assume)

10 Likes

At long last!

2 Likes

Oh that’s brilliant. I was so fed up with all the obnoxious ads.

I will change all the links on my site soon to point to the new site :laughing:

8 Likes

Also:

tardis.guide
tardis.wiki

That synergy makes me happy :laughing:

12 Likes

Great news! The amount of ads and faff every time you loaded a page…

3 Likes

Very happy to hear about this

IT HAPPENEEDDD

People have been hinting about it for ages in the doctor who discord, and it finally happened, so we can talk about it!!! TARDIS wiki broke away from FANDOM, and is now independent! Since it literally just went up it’s a little buggy but it should be running much smoother within the next couple days.

If you’re an editor on the old wiki please consider switching to the new- you can migrate your account- and just in general to everyone please do check out the new wiki and make sure you’re using that one rather than the old one if you can, in order to help support the wiki in their bid for independence.

We won guys. Link here: Tardis Wiki

5 Likes

tardis.guide > tardis.wiki

9 Likes

:grin: thanks for saying that. Although they do have more content, lol. Working on it!!

1 Like

they only have about 100k pages, seems doable

3 Likes

I’ve updated all links from my site to the new TARDIS Wiki :blush:

8 Likes

And I updated the webapp on my phone, I use a custom launcher to make it so if I tap the TARDIS icon it takes me to tardis.guide I swip up it takes me to forum.tardis.guide and I swipe down and it takes me to tardis.wiki!

Have I mentioned how much I love those URLs? Makes it so easy to remember (especially the forum.tardis.guide one, it’s so semetrical with 5.6.5)

8 Likes

Haha nice. I love the URL too, the whole project started with the URL :grin: once I had it I knew I had to build something worthy!

4 Likes

Any other fans of The Good Place who can’t take the word “forked” seriously here? Lol

2 Likes

Holy forking shirtballs! A new wiki?! :smile:

3 Likes

I’m the admin who was responsible for a lot of things with this fork, including the domain name, and I was thinking of this site when I obtained the tardis.wiki domain!

11 Likes

Oh wow that’s awesome :star_struck:

1 Like

omg hi Bongo!!! It’s me, the annoying one from the discord who couldn’t migrate (but now has)
you’re here too, yayyyy!!!

2 Likes