Ive suggested about 5 edits to stories since I joined (a page count correction to Birthright, and content warnings for Left Handed Hummingbird, Canundrum, and their preludes). However Ive not seen any of the edits go through, havnt gotten a Luna University badge, and have no sign as to the current state of the edit suggestions.
All the edits were made on a mobile device, so Im wondering if that feature is just bugged, or for some reason it just takes weeks to go over these (the Birthright edit was months ago, but since I have no Luna University badge Im assuming it didnt go through). Seeing so many stories with content warnings already but not my ed
dits feels odd though. If its not bugged, it would be great if pending/denied edits could be made visable to the user
Looking at the general badges page, I believe it’s only patrons that can progress on badges, but going off of my progress on the first badge, it says it takes 100 edits to be granted the first badge. It also does sometimes take time for edits to be confirmed so maybe check back on those periodically. I’m sure @Shauny can give a more precise answer.
Interesting to know the badge is 100 edits. It doesnt say so I assumed they followed the pattern of simmilar badges where the first was 1 edit.
Maybe the Birthright one went through then, Ive just seen more obscure stories than the VNAs have content warnings which felt odd to me. But if its not a bug, than its a feature request for more feedback
Part of what the ‘issue’ is, is that all edits have to get stamped by a couple of members of the team to double check for errors, and obviously with the new CW stuff the queue has been enormous to get through. I remember approving Hummingbird the other day so I am sure the edit will come through soon
As others said it’s a combination of edits taking a while to be checked, and you needing to make loads of edits to get the first badge, and you not being able to see the progress of the badge (only patrons can).
I am planning on adding a way for everyone to browse their previous edits and see what the outcome was! I have lots of plans
Oh, this would be very helpful! I wonder if there would be any way as part of this to allow people to “cancel” suggestions still pending review?
Sometimes I’ve submitted a suggestion, then have a conversation on the forum or realized something that makes it an incorrect suggestion, and felt bad that moderators will still have to spend time going through it when I know it will be denied.