Stories available for FREE (Doctor Who and the Whoniverse)

I’ve made a new filter on the site so you can find stories available for free.

Either available on the Doctor Who website, on Big Finish, or on Spotify or Apple Music, there’s lots available to try for free!

I’ll be writing up a nice guide for this at some point, but I thought in the meantime I’d link this for forum members to see: https://tardis.guide/stories/?_available_for_free=1

It’s also available as a new option on the Time-Space Randomiser!

Big thanks to @beqowl for compiling the list of things available on Spotify and Apple!

Which of these are the worth trying? Are there any I’ve missed? Let me know :smiley:

5 Likes

Brilliant idea. Hadn’t realised the ArcHive Tapes were on Spotify and I only have the first two (on cassette, old school through and through) so these will all get a relisten/listen soon.

2 Likes

Making this list made me angry at myself for how much money I’ve spent on Big Finish stuff that I could have listened to for free! So so glad I could help :heart:

They weren’t strictly in the remit of Big Finish, but I included them anyway as I really enjoyed listening to them! I almost wish that an updated one could be made to factor in the Lumic Cybermen and how they might have ‘interbred’ with N-Space Cybermen!

1 Like

Not all audio Doctor Who is Big Finish :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tubi has most of the Classic TV series available for free (only missing An Unearthly Child, Marco Polo, The Reign of Terror, The Crusade, The Massacre, The Daleks’ Masterplan, The Celestial Toymaker, The Smugglers, The Tenth Planet, The Highlanders, The Underwater Menace, The Moonbase, The Ice Warriors, The Web of Fear, The Wheel in Space, The Invasion, and The Space Pirates), as well as the whole of the Australian K9 series. You don’t need an account to watch, and adblockers actually work on that site if you’re using a browser.

And if we’re talking, uh… less official, i know for a fact that Slipback, The Paradise of Death, and The Ghosts of N-Space are on the Internet Archive. Possibly more, but i haven’t had need to check. yet.

5 Likes

Internet Archive also has the first 200 issues of DWM, all the VNAs, all the classic era Target Novels as best I can tell, and at least a scattering of others.

3 Likes

Tubi is an option for many just not all sadly, but other ways to get around that :wink:

I’d like to include links to Tubi but have no way of accessing them.

If anyone is up for making a spreadsheet for me, I’d be very happy to add the links. I can provide a full list of the episode titles and you just have to paste in Tubi links.

Or I can create a shared Google Sheet so multiple people can work on it :wink:

1 Like

Not being a goody two shoes (I’ve accessed plenty of ‘free’ material on the net) but what is the legality of Tubi? Do they have rights from the BBC to stream the show?

I assumed it was legit but now I don’t know!

It’s only available in the US. I just wondered if it was like Pluto TV or was less legit.

The fact that it blocks me because I’m not in the US makes me think it must be legit

1 Like

Tubi’s totally legit

Tubi is or was a parent company of fox corporation.

Currently working on this. I will include K9 links as well.

Done and sent :dizzy: