'Sorry, must dash' - The absence of En Dashes and Em Dashes

I’m not sure if this is the right course of action, if there is a more appropriate place to ask, or even if I’ve tagged this correctly, but I’ve noticed that, seemingly overnight, I’m no longer able to type en dashes or em dashes here on the forum. It used to be that they would format automatically, with a double press of ‘-’ creating the former, and a triple press creating the latter.

I apologise if there was some obvious memo about this that I’ve missed, but I’m a tad confused; I understand that, as far as punctuation goes, the absence of an en dash or em dash here and there won’t prove too devastating a loss for many, but I love my run-on sentences, haha

If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know—I can’t go on with em dashes looking like that! :laughing:

Seems to work fine for me – boop — boop.

I also love how niche this is.

There have been a few cosmetic changes, but this hasn’t changed for me.

It – isn’t – working – for – me — boop.

But I can somehow create this:


Make that make sense… :upside_down_face:

Oh, hang on… I’ve just noticed that they somehow correct themselves once posted—how strange.

Apologies; this may well have been a waste of time! :laughing:

This is now my favourite topic – on TARDIS Guide — just because.

Hooray! – I am now marked as a solution.

YOU HAVE BEEN RESOLVED.

PLEASE FOLLOW ME TO THE BACK FOR YOUR (lN)VOLUNTARY UPGRADE.