Six Degrees of Separation

I was listening to Toby Hadoke’s podcast commentary for Silver Nemesis and it reminded me that my PE teacher at secondary school (who also directed our drama productions), Mr Leonard, was cousin to Fiona Walker (and even knew she’d been in a Hartnell story).

So I have one degree of separation from Lady Peinforte.

What are your six degrees of separation (or less) from a Doctor Who actor or production team member?

2 Likes

I once got something signed in person by Danny John-Jules. With him being in Red Dwarf, and there being a Red Dwarf A-Z Red Dwarf/Doctor Who crossover thing, 1 degree?

I have a family member who’s worked with a few DW actors due to working in theatre. The most prominent is probably Arthur Darvill. Apparently he was lovely!

1 Like

Oh I’ve got loads of things signed by actors from the show :smiley:

I meant more family/friends/colleagues connections

(Not to rain on your parade though - I’d love to meet DJJ - he’s in Maid Marion and Death in Paradise too - two more of my favourite shows).

I was going to ask ‘ooh! What do you have signed?’ but that would derail the topic further! Maybe it could be its own topic? I’m interested as I have practically nothing that’s signed!

Well, in America, so I’m lucky to have gotten that close; and I haven’t gotten anything signed by an actor from the show.

DJJ is great. As he approached where he was going to be signing things, he went down the line shaking everyone’s hands. Very much an actor I like, too.

1 Like

My dad’s friend used to be a regular at the same pub Simon Williams used to frequent, a fact I discovered when I was in my hardcore Counter-Measures phase so naturally that delighted md

3 Likes

Only person that’s signed anything of mine other than Danny John-Jules is Ray Bradbury. Both signatures I’m quite happy to have, though.

4 Likes

My sister is on first name terms with Eddie/Suzie Izzard, who could maybe sort of kind of count being rumoured for 9 pre-2005, and the inspiration for one of the doctors in The Tomorrow Windows?

If you want a more solid link though, my boyfriend’s mum is (used to be?) friends with Miles Richardson (who voices Irving Braxietel)

2 Likes

I met Miles at a convention once - seemed like a really nice bloke.

Hm, best I can do is, one of my daughter’s teachers went to school with Dan Starkey (Strax), and I passed on his best wishes when I met Dan at a Big Finish Day.

4 Likes

Living on the other side of the world from like 99% of them doesn’t help so the closest I can think of is being an alumnus of the same university Janet Fielding went to. I’m more likely to be within six degrees of someone who worked on that K9 show since it was filmed in Brisbane where I lived for a decade.

7 Likes

My sister did an exchange program to wales when she was a teenager and the family she lived with where John Barrowmans neighbours. Which was especially funny since my mom and I started watching torchwood around that time.

5 Likes

Well I know you so does that mean I have two degrees of separation from Lady Peinforte? :wink:

6 Likes

To take a note out of @BillFiler s book. Does that mean I have the same degree of separation as you do, as I know both you and your sister?

5 Likes

One of my best friends is close friends with one of the Davros actors - I’m not sure which one but I think one of the classic ones.

Also what with where I live I’m probably one or two degrees of separation away from RTD, but I don’t know it if that is the case. It’s entirely possible I know a load of people who went to school with him, and it’s just never come up.

6 Likes