Selecting/highlight on mobile

I have a weird issue that occurs on mobile when I go to select text to highlight. It sometimes won’t let me actually select the text. This happens often,

  • When I have a reply pending I’m working on and I just quoted someone else. I can’t quote another, I have to save it as a draft and refresh the page (the saving part is automatic).
  • When I place a reply to a thread and then try to select something else in the thread.
  • At random.

In all circumstances it’s fixed with a refresh. But I’m not sure why it happens. Using Chrome on Samsung android.

Example photos of it occurring after I reply to thread.

But after the refresh,

This might be a “my phone” situation but thought I’d raise the issue in case anyone notices it.

Nah this happens to me quite a bit too! So I’ve started using the “plus” then “Quote whole post” thing! :hugs:

It’s easier then exiting out and opening it again!

Oh this has been happening to me too!

Ok so this helps but I feel there’s scenarios in which it’s not ideal. For example, if I want to now quote Jae below this message…

… And now it’s working. But it doesn’t always. :sweat_smile:

It’s weird to explain because I can’t take a screenshot of it since nothing comes up. Maybe it’s only on larger threads?

This has been happening to me too. It’s not a big deal, because I usually just close the app and open it again, and it’s fine. But it’s something that happens.

Same! Initially I thought it was my phone screen and kept trying to warm my hands. :sweat_smile:

I’ll leave this open for Shauny to see it but it does sound like just some odd low priority mobile interaction that might not be easily fixable.

I’m using the same browser on the same device and this bug happens to me too

This has been happening to me too!

The forum is a third party open source software so I will have to speak to them, but it’s good to have lots of people’s reports so I can say it’s not just me. Thanks