Season One: Trailer 1

Technically operetta and not on TV :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve watched this about a dozen times now, Iā€™m obsessed. So excited!

5 Likes

Has there ever been a better DW trailer?? Itā€™s so hype! The show looks exciting and sexy.

3 Likes

Sexy is definitely the right word :blush:

3 Likes

How many have watched the trailer in slowmo :innocent:

1 Like

Haha I was doing that earlier and taking screenshots of my favourite bits! Iā€™d post them but they didnā€™t come out in the best quality.

Saw this on Threads and I dunno how they got them so nice. Maybe these are released images.

2 Likes

On Youtube you can press . or , to advance or rewind one frame at a time, which I find really helpful for if I want to get a really good screenshot of a scene

4 Likes

I am obsessed with the music. Is this a remix or a cover of Changes? Is there a full version of it? I need this in my playlists!

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to be sure exactly which version it isā€¦

1 Like

Doctor Who absolutely can do anything :+1: And I would love to see how a musical episode could be pulled off.

But based on ā€œThe Goblin Songā€, ā€œMy Angel put the Devil in meā€, ā€œSong for 10ā€, ā€œLove donā€™t roamā€, ā€œThe Stowawayā€ and ā€œAbigailā€™s Song (Silence is all you know)ā€ could we please please please have someone other that Murray Gold in charge of making those songsā€¦ That is not a part of his skill set in my opinion (though he makes excellent orchestral compositions and themes)
And Russell T Davies made the lyrics for ā€œThe Goblin Songā€ :thinking: so I am not sure I would trust him to be in charge of such an episode.
I like both of them, but a whole episode of that would be painful for me :grin:

1 Like

I agree with the songs not being great so far.

Canā€™t Disney hook us up with Lin-Manuel Miranda?!

I would almost count Gunfighters as a musical

1 Like

How 'bout if we got Weird Al to do it? :stuck_out_tongue:

And Jack Black will seemingly do anything these days :thinking:

1 Like

Including working with Weird Al! (Or at least appearing in his music videos.)

1 Like

Hadnā€™t seen that one before, but surely that isnā€™t Jack Blackā€¦ Whereā€™s his bleedinā€™ beard?!?

(On another note I have no idea who any of the other people in that video are :thinking:)

The guest cameos were Aisha Tyler, Margaret Cho, Eric Stonestreet, Kristen Schaal, and Jack Black.

Main other person in the video I could place is Kristen Schaal, who, among other things, voices Mabel on Gravity Falls.

Thanks for clearing that up, though I am none the wiser - I havenā€™t heard of any of those people :wink:

Well, I can give a little context on Mabel, at leastā€¦

Oh, and over in dream casting, imagine Danny Elfman doing the musical episodes musicā€¦

1 Like