Related Stories and Adaptations of stories

I’m once again surfacing something I’ve been adding for a while, because although I still haven’t designed a good interface for it yet, a brand new design is in the works :tada:

Stories now have links (currently near the bottom of the page) to related stories, and other adaptations of the same story. Eg. The Star Beast has the related story “Journey’s End” (because of Donna), and others adaptations include the Target Novelisation, the original Comic, and the Audio Drama!

The design of these will all be improved over time, I’m just no longer letting “perfect” be the enemy of “good”!

And for those of you in the super secret beta for direct editing :eyes:: You can add Related Stories and Adaptations yourself! Please try it out and test it!

17 Likes

Oooh - now this is something I can have some fun with… :wink:

7 Likes

I’ve already made a booboo! I’ve submitted the Lost Ones for the Sensorites but its The Monsters from Earth (I got the annual stories mixed up in my head). So feel free to deny that one and I’ll resubmit Sphere of Influence by itself!

Doh!

6 Likes

Question @shauny - what are we doing about related stories which are SPOILERS. I’m thinking in particular of the much discussed comic story ‘follow-up’ to The Long Game.

5 Likes

Do you need a pair of UX eyes on the new design?

2 Likes

Oh ok, if it went live (I may have approved it, too trusting clearly :joy:) then just submit a correction.

2 Likes

Maybe I should make the whole thing hidden as spoilers, just in case?

2 Likes

I can definitely show you it before I finalise it :smile:

3 Likes

The approval page really needs wiki links for the related stories being added…

3 Likes

Oh yes good idea!

2 Likes

An idea mostly born of my feeling like I was trying to solve puzzles along the line of “What do this comic, this story from some Doctor Who magazine, and this audio have in common with this tv episode?”… :sweat_drops:

4 Likes

and maybe for the tropes too.

2 Likes

Sure yeah I’ll add a link to description of the trope, when I get around to it!

And will make a thread so we can discuss them all and maybe change them if needed.

2 Likes