Reading: Digital or Physical?

I paid £80 for my copy of ‘Lungbarrow’ only to discover it was one of the reproductions from 2015.
It was advertised as an original.

What an absolute nightmare.

6 Likes

I read nearly everything one my BOOX reader, but every time I can find a Chinese translation in my school library I’d grab it

4 Likes

Okay, I honestly love this way of reading a book! Preparing a good drink, putting on suitable music, and smelling and feeling the physical book (there really is nothing better than that) is simply wonderful! I’d give you a badge for that if I could (you can have my imaginary “Friend of Books” badge here :medal_sports:).

Now I get the urge to do the same thing rather than read all my books digitally :laughing:

9 Likes

Honestly, it’s amazing how much it aides the reading experience - especially if you find music or an ambient track that clicks with the story.

This is what I had on whilst reading ‘The Wheel of Ice’, and it made the whole book fly by. Truly excellent.

And this is the ambient-music suite I used when reading ‘Goth Opera’, which melded with the book’s scenes really well.

7 Likes

Physical. I used to get things digitally on my kindle but never actually used it. I have more of a connection with physical books than digital ones.

9 Likes

Prefer physical copies, but alas most Who books are only available digitally. I might forgive RTD for partnering with The Mouse if he can get them to republish old dr who books. Like what’s the point of having that sweet sweet disney money if you can’t bring back the EDAs (and/or VNAs, VMAs, PDAs or)

5 Likes

I imagine the rights to publish the books are a completely different thing to the streaming rights for the TV show - I mean, they don’t even have the rights to show anything before the Bad Wolf productions - not even Tales from the TARDIS!

9 Likes