Something I used to do on my Instagram stories (@who_onabudget if you want to follow the building of my collection using very limited price restrictions) was at the start of each month, ranking everything I’d watched from Doctor Who in the previous month. I enjoy it because it often ends up being a ranking of totally unrelated stories from right across the series’ history - and I’m that dork who likes ranking things for no good reason. So, I thought I’d bring it back here, and others can throw theirs down below. It’s totally up to you how you frame it - it could just be the TV stories you’ve watched (that’s what I used to do), or the audios you’ve listened to, or a ranking of literally every story you’ve completed that month in any medium (that’s what I’m going to do now).
I’ve done a lot in the last month, so I’m going to limit myself to 10
1: Scherzo (repeat)
2: Pursuit of the Nightjar (repeat)
3: The Meddling Monks Part One Trailer
4: Dark Gallifrey: Morbius (repeat)
5: Helter Skelter
6: Morbius the Mighty (repeat)
7: Land of Fools
8: Field of Miracles
9: The Time of Angels (Novel)
10: Planet of the Ogrons
So my partner and I started the Eleventh Doctor at the beginning of the month. I have seen them all before, but they haven’t. I ordered them by rating, then within the rating I ordered them by how much I liked them.
And before anyone mentions it; I don’t like The Girl Who Waited much. Just not my thing.
A Christmas Carol (4.5)
The God Complex (4.5)
The Doctor’s Wife (4.5)
Vincent and the Doctor (4.5)
The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon (4.0)
An Unearthly Child (4.0)
A Good Man Goes to War (4.0)
The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang (4.0)
Amy’s Choice (4.0)
The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone (3.5)
Night Terrors (3.5)
The Almost People/The Rebel Flesh (3.5)
The Beast Below (3.5)
The Curse of the Black Spot (3.5)
The Vampires of Venice (3.5)
Destination: Daleks (Comic) (3.5)
Cinema Introduction to The Day of the Doctor (3.5)