Profile page improvements

I am working on profile pages at the moment.

(“but you said you were working on quotes, then reviews, why profiles?” You ask. Well 1) I do flit around a bit and do whatever I feel like doing, sorry not sorry, but also 2) for several reasons the profile pages need to change to facilitate loads of cool things I have planned, including quotes and reviews, okay!)

So while I’m doing this here is an opportunity to see if there are any changes you’d like to see to profiles.

I will keep a note of any suggestions, and if some of them are fairly quick and easy then they will be added sooner rather than later. Hit me! :grin:

10 Likes

For example one quick addition - you may already see that on the Members Page people’s forum titles are displaying now! I’ll also add them on the Profile pages. Fun!

4 Likes

I’m also going to show favourite badges and maybe one or more of your favourite quotes straight on the profile page.

2 Likes

A few profile improvements were launched today!

(It doesn’t look like much but I completely re-engineered how profiles work in the backend…)

Lots of new features are on the way, but for now just this:

There is now a way to view other people’s 5-star, 4-star, etc, stories! Have a nose at what people’s highest and lowest rated stories are!

Here’s what I have planned:

• Add links to your website, and social media (may be Patrons-only, or maybe just Verified-only…)
  • Link to view the quotes you’ve submitted
  • Choose a few favourite quotes to show on your page
  • I’m considering giving Patrons a big box to add whatever they want in - HTML, images, etc… a bit like MySpace. Could be fun. Could be a disaster. What do you think??
  • A few other fun things planned which I haven’t started yet…
6 Likes

I like it so far. Couple of days to get used to the changes but if it leads to good stuff then I’m all for it.

2 Likes

Lovely! Great work as always @shauny!

2 Likes

Nice to see my suggestion about viewing a user’s 1-5 rankings put into action.

3 Likes

I was trying to find your post where you suggested it, so I could reply in place, but no need to now :grin: