Orson Pink - the impossible man?

Orson Pink is supposed to be an offspring of Danny and Clara (or at least Danny) but then Danny dies without getting any children. The big question here is who is he? Is he erased from the future when Danny dies?

4 Likes

According to the wiki:

There is no paradox. Danny’s father had an estranged brother who also had a family. –Steven Moffat

Personally, I think they just forgot about it when they decided to kill Danny.

6 Likes

What’s the term the Tenth Doctor uses to describe the situation with Gwyneth and Gwen and their similarity?

3 Likes

I call shenanigans on this!

5 Likes

Maybe he’s actually someone possessed by Satan, pretending to be a relative of Danny Pink? His uniform is from the Satan Pit.

Orson_Pink

5 Likes

I’d buy that before the estranged brother bit honestly :wink:

4 Likes

How about this:
Post-raven Clara and Me went back in time to before Danny died in their American Diner TARDIS, Clara gets knocked up and all is well in the Time/Space Continuum.
How’s that for a headcanon?

5 Likes

I’m not sure if someone pulled out of time on their last heartbeat can get pregnant. What if Me is the one that gets knocked up?

5 Likes

Alternately, Clara splintered copies of herself all over time and space helping the Doctor. Maybe one of them helped the Doctor by getting with Danny and getting pregnant, avoiding a time/space paradox?

5 Likes

All of these suggestions are better that the estranged brother shenanigans :joy:

5 Likes

This is probably the reason. The strange thing is that it is the same season. Feels like they would have known that when shooting this episode.

6 Likes

“Spatial genetic multiplicity” I think. Not that far fetched I suppose, people do look similar (albeit most people who meet their dopplegangers / boyfriend’s doppleganger aren’t doing so via TARDIS telepathic circuits…

4 Likes

I like to think that history just changed. Clara met her future descendant, only to be robbed of that future by a random accident.

9 Likes

That feels like the most straightforward explanation, as well as being consistent with Steven “Time can be rewritten” Moffat’s modus operandi

3 Likes

Looking for something unrelated on reddit, but just came across this gem of a fan theory

Orson Pink ran Danny Pink over with a car as part of an initiation ritual to join Faction Paradox.

11 Likes