New Who Books for 2024

Just saw this and thought I’d post it here: https://www.blogtorwho.com/new-doctor-who-books-announced-for-2024/?amp=1

Reading through it and nothing really excites me. The “Doctor Who, Icons 2” with the Tenth Doctor and Charles Darwin discovering Silurians in the Galapagos just makes me a bit mad because we already have that story. It’s called Bloodtide and features the Sixth Doctor and Evelyn and was Big Finish Main Range #22 released in 2001.

5 Likes

Yeah, that does seem like a bit of a clash - I get it when they don’t worry about previous books and audios when planning TV stories (like Mary Shelley in The Haunting of Villa Diodati) but it seems a bit short-sighted when it’s done within the expanded universe.

There’s a comic strip with Frida Kahlo too.

1 Like

Agreed. The TV show itself is considered to be for a general audience who may watch the show and nothing else. The books, comics and audio are a more niche audience who generally have disposable income. My thought is that the books are considered more mainstream and less niche than the audios. Either that or no one making can be bothered to find out if this has been done before. I’d also be willing to give them more slack if it was something out of print or hard to find. The audio is $3 on the Big Finish website and free on Spotify. So they don’t really have an excuse for this one.

1 Like

Well, that didn’t give us much! I think the two NSAs could be interesting, depending on what they are about. Ironic how Icons 2 isn’t just Ten meets Darwin; it also involves the Silurians! It must have sounded like an exciting “new” idea, because it’s such a coincidence!

1 Like

Interesting! Not much to go on. I love this image though haha

4 Likes