New Category: "Doctors"/"The Doctor"?

Would it be worth adding a new category for the forum focusing on “The Doctor” or “Doctors” which would then contain a subcategory for each incarnation? Then all the Doctor-specific threads (like my “favorite companion” polls or threads about cross-media arcs) could go there. Or would this be too redundant with the “Television” category?

1 Like

I’m going to add lots of “tags”. They are more flexible than categories because a topic can only exist in one category whereas you can add different tags to a topic.

I might even reduce the number of categories and just use tags to make things more specific. I’ll have a look and see what I can come up with :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve done this now. You can add up to 5 tags to a topic. Let me or @deltaandthebannermen know if you’d like us to create new tags - but they should be ones that are likely to be used a lot.

I’ve added tags for all the doctors, plus lots extra, and tagged all the posts we have so far. :smile:

1 Like

Not sure whether to do a tag for each companion and monster :thinking: may be a bit much…

1 Like

I could potentially see, say, tags for unit and torchwood. Maybe tags for specific eras, too. (Of course, there are multiple ways to break that down, too…)

I’d probably go more popular companions then all of them. I don’t see anyone needing an Adam tag. (The Master’s a popular companion, right? :stuck_out_tongue: )

Maybe Gallifrey could use a tag.

3 Likes

Do those tags

“Companions”

“Monsters”

“Side characters”

You made Adam sad!

Ok, will add those tags - maybe we’ll add them as they naturally come up in topics.

Well, I can also think of other companions that aren’t likely to be much in the way of topics of conversation, like Sara Kingdom, if that makes him feel better. :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like K9 and Sarah Jane would need tags, at least, though, since they have their own shows. (And Liz Shaw, obviously, since she had her own show too. :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

I mean Adam was in some comics… Not that that makes him any more memorable…

Someone start an Adam Appreciation topic

Would a “story discussion” tag be useful to add for the book and audio clubs, and any other threads that are focused on an individual story/episode/boxset?

2 Likes

Sure! I’ll add that.

1 Like

Also, wouldn’t Delta’s “Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask” posts fall under “story discussions” since they’re for each individual serial?

I would say so :smiley:

1 Like

This thread can probably be closed now.