Since he apparently appears in other stories I was currious which ones and clicked his charicter. However the search result yeilds no stories. Including this one he’s obviously in. However it does show I’ve conpleted 1 of 1 stories:
I have not applied any filters and Ive checked none appear to be set by default. Given this only occurs to very minor charicters likely in one story I suspect it may be an issue with charicters who aren’t really “charicters” in some interal sense (and its just unclear in the UI), but I dont know. I dont have any other examples off hand either
We only really support characters that are in more than one story. Otherwise the database would be absolutely full of minor characters that nobody cares about.
There was a time when I added those minor characters, just in case they did crop up again, but I’m no longer doing that. So if this character does show up, it’s a legacy issue. It won’t show up in search results though, that is by design.
If that character genuinely does appear in other stories then I’d suggest you use the “suggest edits” to place him in them and that will turn him into a recurring character which will make it work again.
I thought it would be something like that. Imn which case is it possible to detect that and add a tag like “minor” to the character on the story page? Simmilar to first/last/only apperence tag.
Whenever I see a charicter I dont recognize that isnt flagged as first/only I offten search them up to see if Ive encountered them before (and out of curiosity). So it would be nice to know from the story page if that’s possible