Magic the Gathering

The wife bought this. It’s unopened yet and I already have questions. Why isn’t ist named Thasmin? And who is the woman on that card? 13 making the sonic screwdriver? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Looks weird to me. :eyes:

1 Like

I’ve got this deck! I immediately bought the showcase arts for 13 and Yaz because 13’s main art is such a bad likeness but her showcase art looks super awesome. And I believe the art is probably inspired by this scene in Can You Hear Me?

2 Likes

Such a strange choice :joy:

Her making the Sonic would have been way better.

1 Like

This. I must cofess I don’t even remember that scene. Will have to rewatch. :blush:

1 Like

Anyway, I like this artwork much better. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That’s really cool. I love the idea of Thirteen as an engineer. Also loved the scene where she was working on the TARDIS in Spyfall!

6 Likes

She’s not in her outfit yet for the sonic scene though so I think that would feel weird as her main art. Also they used that scene for the sonic itself

3 Likes

That’s a great picture!

1 Like

Lots of great art in the set Doctor Who (WHO) Card Gallery · Scryfall Magic The Gathering Search

3 Likes

Absolutely adore 13 when she’s in hands on engineer mode. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Wife found some of these at Target and message me if I wanted them. Had to resist since I would have to make sure I get the 4 sets.

1 Like

They are so expensive! My eldest wants me to get them as they’re big into card games like Yu-Gi-Oh but I’ve had to say no for now!

1 Like

Plus able to see the pictures of the cards online is nice.

1 Like

Has anyone actually played it?

1 Like

I don’t think we ever will. I never got the hang of these card games and the wife is more of a collector. She bought all four decks. :joy:

2 Likes

It looks too complicated lol

1 Like

I occasionally play some Magic with a few friends and I played the Thasmin deck for a couple commander games last time we played

3 Likes

I’ve not played Magic The Gathering for years and I’m not up to date with any of the recent sets. However, it is a minor claim-to-fame that I was present at the GenCon event in 1993 when Wizards of the Coast launched the very first packs of the original ‘alpha’ set and I got to watch the phenomenon as it exploded from nothing. I also reckon that I was one of the first people to bring the game to the UK when I returned home a few days later.

3 Likes