Localisation (dates)

Hi. Though the diary Custom Date box does times DD/MM/YY hh:mm (as I like), the long date format is Day, Month D, YYYY — whereas I would prefer Day D Month YYYY. Please might we (non-urgently!) have ‘localisation’ options for date formats (and similar)? Diolch.

@shauny is best placed to answer but I have a feeling this has been asked before and it’s quite a tricky thing to implement.

Ah just the format should be fine (this is not about timezones). I’ll take a look.

I’ve taken a look, pretty simple really - done!

And as a bonus, people from other countries get the dates in their language too:

Edit: removed that!

I’ve updated it everywhere I can think that dates show - release dates, diary dates, reviews, etc.

(note this is NOT about timezones, the actual dates are always stored as UK time)

May I ask if this can be turned off? It feels strange to me to have a mix of languages. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hmm, it does look a bit silly…

Hmm it’s kind of just how localisation works?

Let me see

OK! I made it always show English text but should keep the correct order.

Looks great! Thank you!

Noooo! It feels too wrong! :weary_face:

Ahh I replaced months but not other words/suffixes, that should now be fixed can you check it please?

It’s alright now. Thanks! :kissing_face_with_closed_eyes:

Thanks @shauny