Live chat for new episodes

I was thinking of having a live chat channel for when the new episodes air - I miss the “tweet alongs” people did (as I’ve left the cess pit that is X/Twitter), it can be a lot of fun.

It would be a separate chat channel that would be opt-in, so no spoilers in your face.

I think it would happen at the time of the BBC One broadcast, not at midnight.

What do you think? Good idea?

5 Likes

What time is the BBC 1 airing? So that those of us in America can calculate when to potentially join in.

As fun an idea as that is I don’t know how much use it would get with the dropping on Iplayer first strategy.

The functionality could be utilised for other watchalongs though so I don’t see an issue with building it

It doesn’t have to be your first viewing. In fact, I like my first viewing to concentrate and not read stuff. So we could do it at a completely different time, that’s fine.

I think it would be 6pm or 7pm GMT?

A lot of our users are from USA anyway (44% of our visitors are from the USA. There are more visits from Denmark than the UK!) so it probably doesn’t make sense to time it for the UK.

4 Likes

The three 60th specials were at 10:30am my time. The midnight iPlayer drop means a 4pm drop on Friday for me. And I agree that I wouldn’t want the initial viewing to be at the same time as the live chat.

I like the idea that this is for the second watch. Maybe on Sunday after the episode. If I can choose the time it would be like 20 cet after I have put the kids to bed but I understand that this can’t be set to my schedule :joy:

Sunday sounds good, but I’m busy in the morning (Pacific Time - USA).

Does this forum have dynamic timestamps?
if so, for other people, 6pm GMT would be <t:1715446800:F>

Ah, it doesn’t, lmao

I definitely wouldn’t/couldn’t do it for the live broadcast (and yes, I’m waiting till the proper airing - none of this iplayer nonsense ;))

Could be up for a rewatch but I imagine finding a time that suits everyone will be nigh on impossible.

1 Like

I won’t even be in the UK when it airs, so I’ll have to pick a time when I’m free and watch it on Disney+ in a hotel room, so the live chat isn’t even for my benefit (I don’t have to be part of it, would just enjoy reading it)

(and yes I know, first world problems…)

1 Like