K9 - How?!?! Why?!?!

Perfect for a second more mature season!

5 Likes

Starkey is hot now???

7 Likes

I just finished the first two episodes and honestly to me it is bad enough that it is hilarious/good again.

DARIUS: What do you mean stumble?
STARKEY: You fell through a wall!
DARIUS: Pushed. Pushed through a wall.

That was such a random moment and I loved it so much it was so bad :joy: :joy:

(Yes, I did have to google to find out the correlating names because I already had forgotten who is who at this point)

6 Likes

bloody hell did Jorjie just get killed by a hurricane! (we can but hope :smiling_face_with_tear:)

5 Likes

Ohh thatā€™s a bad one :joy:

5 Likes

ā€˜the great cataclysmā€™ oh hello K9 lore??? why did they make this world so interesting and write such terrible stories in it :sob::sob::sob:

8 Likes

ā€˜[Jorjieā€™s] got this outside layer, but thereā€™s somethibg mysterious underneath thatā€™ does sheā€¦ does she reallyā€¦ why am I watching this

6 Likes

I donā€™t know - but youā€™re rattling through it at quite the pace. Iā€™ve stalled with six episodes to go!

4 Likes

Mind bending.

3 Likes

itā€™s a horrible show but itā€™s also strangely addictive. I think Iā€™m going to live with a ā€˜K9 but if it was goodā€™ concept in my head for the rest of time now, thanks guys :sob:

That episode was abysmal, ohhhh my god. At least the alien design was pretty

8 Likes

I think Sirens of Ceres could have been really good if done right.
I mean I kinda enjoyed it, but it could have been so much better if I could take the whole thing seriously without it becoming bad.

7 Likes

K9: May I offer some advice? Your big mistake is feelings. If you stuck to logic you could avoid all these problems.

Not K9 basically saying the Cybermen are right/recommending to basically become a cyberman (minus the whole robot thing)ā€¦ That really is typically robot that doesnā€™t understand feelingsā€¦

Yes, I know that is not technically what he said, but honestly that was still the first thing my mind went to when he said that.

8 Likes

That quote puts me in mind of this one from Gallifrey: Insurgency

K9: Suggestion, mistress. Pull yourself together.
LEELA: Suggestion for you, K9. No more empathy, please

6 Likes

K9 definitely has some gems in Gallifrey, my personal favorite is still that one from Weapon of Choice where K9 plays the master of Leela and Torvaldā€¦ wait was it him or Narvinā€¦ I canā€™t remember the exact quote right now but I loved it the mix of K9 basically roleplaying and Leela threatening him.

6 Likes

Itā€™s Leela and Torvald haha theyā€™re so bad at that act itā€™s hilarious

6 Likes

K9 is pretty bad, but nowhere near as bad as some fans make out. Iā€™m glad to have it in my collection.

A second series or the planned movie could have been really fun if theyā€™d learnt from what didnā€™t work so well on the first series, but obviously it wasnā€™t to be.

7 Likes

That planned movie always worried me because it got to the point where I think Bob Baker was being taken for a ride by the person he was working with on it (Iā€™ll avoid naming names as weā€™re an open forum). I saw them both at a convention not long before Baker died and it was definitely an odd dynamic.

6 Likes

K9 yet again upsetting me by inadvertently asking really interesting questions - why did the climate change so much that oak trees died but other flora seems fine? Robin Hood is still held up as a pseudohistorical figure, but do they have similar stuff from the 21st century? The Royal Mail still exists, implying the British monarchy still rule - what does that say about the police state they live in?

Yes, I realise I am thinking too hard about this :sweat_smile:

Also am I the only one who wants to write cursed Gryffen/June fanfictionā€¦ :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Waitā€¦ is this gonna be a time loop episode?
Please tell me it is a time loop episode.
I love time loops.

6 Likes

Okay, not time loop, but still interesting.

5 Likes