It's Spooktober! 👻

For those of us that love to watch scary things all October, join in and earn a brand new badge!

We still have the Wholloween badge, available to unlock if you haven’t already, which is for completing a spooky story around Halloween, but now there’s a more involved badge:

Complete for the first time (and rate), repeat or review 10 spooky stories in October!

What counts as a spooky story? Anything with one of these tropes:

As always, help us to categorise stories correctly by Suggesting Edits on stories and adding the correct tropes!

Edit: @turlough has created a playlist of spooky Audio Dramas to help you!

Edit 2: and @alpha_centauri made one for ALL eligible Spooktober stories:

Are you going to go for the badge? Any particular stories that you are going to do? Comment below!

23 Likes

Personally I keep meaning to listen to The Confessions of Dorian Gray and this might be the push for me to do some more (although they aren’t actually tagged with the tropes yet, this might also be a push for me to do that too!).

9 Likes

I have a feeling that the upcoming Halloween boxset and the upcoming War Master boxset will get me most of the way there on their own

8 Likes

New badge you say?

Why yes, I will complete some spooky stories this month.

10 Likes

Spooky spooky spooky spooky :ghost: :ghost:

7 Likes

Oooh exciting! Happy Spooky Month to all who celebrate!

I was already going to go for the existing badge to encourage me to experience some of my backlog stories. I’m going to start with the early Classic Doctors, New Monsters and go from there.

6 Likes

Doctor Spook

6 Likes

Do we have any good spooky big finish playlists to accompany this badge? :ghost:

7 Likes

Doctor Boo was right there :sob:

7 Likes

Doctor Boo Who? :sob:

7 Likes

@shauny knows the Tardis.Guide crowd loves badge!

7 Likes

I don’t see one!

Who’s going to make one? :eyes:

5 Likes

I made a playlist of all the Big Finish audios with the tropes required for the Spooktober badge

Shoutout to the advanced search feature for making this possible and for auto-updating whenever new stories are added with those tropes (had no idea that was a thing - so cool)

13 Likes

Awesome!

And I’ve done 35% of them so far…

5 Likes

Auto-updating playlists is one of the coolest features on the site. I haven’t seen it anywhere else!

5 Likes

I really don’t advertise these features enough haha

7 Likes

I’ve done 34% of these so far. Although I am actively working through The Decayed Master as I type.

4 Likes

I’m on 62%! Not bad – and I want to make my October as spooky as possible so I can get that badge…

7 Likes

Thank you, @turlough! This is honestly amazing. I already completed 23% of this playlist, but will happily experience more stories for the Spooktober

6 Likes