It's Spooktober! šŸ‘»

So far I’ve done two stories for this badge! Hoping to make it to 3 today with The Holy Terror.

6 Likes

Blimey.

Just a few to choose from then…

7 Likes

Chose to rewatch The Brain of Morbius as my first spooky month story. I love the setting, lore and themes akin to body horror, and there are some brilliant practical effects, 8/10

6 Likes

I should get to Tooth and Claw[1] in the next day or two, and The Unquiet Dead later this month.


  1. the Eighth Doctor comic ā†©ļøŽ

5 Likes

My first one ended up being state of decay!! Pretty good, I do like a good Dicks script

I wanna do the tales of terror anthology this month :)

9 Likes

Thanks for the reminder about Tales of Terror - I’m going to get the audiobook and then add it to the site!

11 Likes

Listened to The Creeper (a Class audio) this morning and it put me in the mood for Spooktober, so I’m diving into this!

It’s set in New England, which I adore as a spooky setting!

MARTHA: Is that New England on New Earth or New England in Old America?

11 Likes

Ooh, I’m only at 1% for Audios (1 of 229 - Hereafter) and 16% across all media, so I have so many from which to choose! Of course, I haven’t made any progress on the Fire Horse badges, so let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, shall we?

5 Likes

So I’m about half way through this one.

I thought this would be a match made in heaven! Two things I love: a New England spooky town and Doctor Who.

But the reason why Stephen King books are so scary is because it’s normal, flawed folks dealing with the horrors. It’s difficult to be scared here because the Doctor is basically a superhero. There’s little threat: he’s going to win and save the day!

Still, spooky vibes.

2 Likes

Hmm.

Has ghosts mentioned in the title.

Has the picture involve vampires and mummies.

Has absolutely no Halloween tropes listed, so doesn’t count for Spooktober at the moment…

3 Likes

Okay so I’m free to choose some new audios having just finished Sapphire and Steel and done the latest 13DA and I was going to put it to a poll. But seeing as there’s a limited time badge in the offing, I think we need to spooky audios lined up (I’ll do some other type of media too probably).

So…

The Labyrinth of Buda Castle is my next 4DA anyway so that will go on the list.

Intrigued by torchwood_cascade.CDrip.tor so I’ll do that one.

Three audios in the second Classic Doctor New Monsters set so I think I’ll add that set.

And Static comes at the end of the next MR trilogy I’m due to listen to so if I can get through the first two quickly enough, I might include that one as well.

Then we’ll see how much of October is left and see if I can squeeze in any more audios of whether I need some quick comics or short stories to grab the badge.

6 Likes

Buda Castle is fun. Static made me bawllllllll

4 Likes

I’m basically plowing through the comics that I’d mentioned that I had access to… Ghost Train was in the same magazine as one of the ones I listed. Need to be careful about that, as most of these magazines are probably the Halloween issues, so any comics in them probably should qualify.

I know myself well enough to know that I’ll need a bunch of quick wins to get up to 10, though I intend to at least do some rewatches and an audio or two.

3 Likes


Halloween tropes?

Dang it, they weren’t mistaken for a ghost… Don’t think there’s a ghost town trope.

(Also kinda terrible.)

1 Like

Definitely not that one. Just the ā€˜ghost town’ thing.

1 Like

Yeah, which probably should be a trope. Along with Mummies. Kinda surprised there wasn’t already a mummy trope.

Now I read Faceache which starts out ā€œThe TARDIS has landed somewhere dark and spookyā€¦ā€ … and doesn’t have the spooky trope. Oh well, submitted it.

Actually rather liked that one, especially because this keeps having me read things like ā€œAAAGH!ā€ and ā€œAlien Babiesā€, which I could really do without.

Okay, reading ā€œFunhouseā€ put me over the top. Couldn’t resist. Not only was it ā€œSpookyā€, it had Frobisher.

Yay, Spooktober unlocked with nothing but comics!

1 Like