Is there any interest in a TV Club?

So @monkeyshaver suggested on the Discord the idea of starting a TV Club, perhaps to watch NuWho from the beginning.

Is there any interest in doing this? What about doing it for Classic and/or spin-offs too?

We can’t really have too much going on every week because people may struggle to dedicate that much time to it all!

Please vote in the poll and discuss below!

• Yes, let’s start from Rose
  • Yes, but what about watching Classic too?
  • Yes, but what about spin-offs as well?
  • No, not interested
0 voters
1 Like

I’d be in for a TV Club. I’d like to start from the Classic era, but perhaps it’s wise to start from the Revived era. (I don’t mind starting from either of them, though)

1 Like

I would like a TV club. I can start from either classic or new.

If we did a Classic Series one, would it be story-by-story or episode-by-episode?

I suppose it’d be story-by-story. Four-parters can be easily binged in an hour and 40.

1 Like

Story by story for most of the story? Maybe exceptions for the 10 it more episodes stories?

I figured it would be story-by-story. I just figured I’d ask on the off chance.

My suggestion is that every Monday we start a new story, to have some distance from when we start eatch audio. Starting with Rose or An unearthly this Monday. What do you think?

1 Like

Hmm…About how on Saturday? That’d be perfect! (Unless it goes in conflict with the Audio club schedule)

That works too. Audio clubs are on Friday and was thinking that it might be good with some more distance but anything works for me.

Sounds like TV club is a go!

Maybe we should alternate Classic and Modern Who, but is a 2 week gap between episodes a lot? Throw in some spin-offs sometimes too?

Happy to start on a Saturday but then people can jump in at any time - we aren’t watching live. It’s just to experience them again and chat about them together. If you can’t fit in a whole serial in one night then it’s fine, you have all week to do it and then come talk about it?

I think @deltaandthebannermen will be handling the new topics (as I’m doing books and audios), so we can discuss it a bit more and maybe start soon!

Quick extra poll - should we start with Rose or An Unearthly Child?

• Rose
  • An Unearthly Child
0 voters
1 Like

I mean, we could easily alternate back and forth between Modern and Classic. Unearthly Child just happens to be what I’ve got available. Series 1 will take a while for me to get a hold of.

I am really excited about this!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I am surprised we haven’t had a TV club before now :smiley: that said, I’m happy there’s one now, as it gives me another reason to rewatch the show. I voted for Rose; it’s been a while since my last rewatch of the new show, so that feels like a good place to begin.

4 Likes

For me it’s because the audios and books we are reading are all new to me but I’ve seen the TV show dozens of times so I kinda thought there wouldn’t be much interest. Happy to be proven wrong!

Plus it coincides with my rewatch & listening to all the audio commentary, having just bought series 1-4 on BluRay :grin:

4 Likes

I’d be up to dip in and out with some fave episodes, but it’s too soon for a complete watch through since my last one. Also, no Sundays as that’s reserved for Murder shows like Death In Paradise :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah thats cool. With these clubs I think it gives us all a chance to rewatch/listen/read stuff or experience things for the first time. We can dip in & out or whatever suits our schedule.

4 Likes

What an incredible teaser. I remember it so well!

3 Likes

Same. I don’t think I’ve ever done a rewatch of NuWho from the beginning. I usually dip in & out of episodes.

2 Likes