Introduction!

Hi, my name is Glass! (she/her · sea/her)

I’m a queer college student from the USA who runs a Doctor Who club on campus. I’ve been a fan of the new show since I was ten, and in the past couple years I’ve been periodically watching the classic series in order. (Currently taking a break in the middle of Pertwee’s run, as I’ve become more interested in the 8th Doctor and I don’t want to suffer Who burnout.)

Recently I became interested in the expanded universe, started listening to the Eighth Doctor audios, and then went down a research rabbit hole and fell headfirst into Faction Paradox, which is where I am now.

All-time favorite episode is Midnight. I don’t really have a favorite Doctor or anything, they’re all great, but Matt Smith is “my” Doctor. (and Paul McGann is very quickly getting there…)

20 Likes

Welcome. Its great that you run the Doctor Who club. It’s brilliant to see that kind of nerdy club still knocking around.

3 Likes

Hey, welcome!!

1 Like

Welcome. A doctor who club sounds fun!

1 Like

A warm welcome to the forum! So cool that you run a Doctor Who club, I’d join if I was around!

1 Like

DW club is fun, we just meet to watch episodes and chat :slight_smile: Since I became club leader I’ve made a point of making every 1 in 3 episodes a classic one.

6 Likes

Welcome!! Also from the USA :slight_smile:
I need to start a Doctor Who club where I’m at…

What episodes have you all watched together?

1 Like

Sounds nice! Now I am sad that we did not have a club like that.

2 Likes

Too many to count – but this term alone we’ve done…

• Deep Breath
  • Human Nature / The Family of Blood
  • The Pirate Planet
  • The Girl Who Waited
  • Dark Water / Death in Heaven
  • The Claws of Axos
  • Doctor Who: The Movie
  • Revolution of the Daleks

…Can you tell I’m a Moffat era fan?
Currently pondering what classic episode to watch next. Thinking of doing an 80s episode, maybe Survival.

5 Likes

Paradise Tower is fun! Also nice with some more Mel after the 60th.

3 Likes

You could try Battlefield if you want something more action-oriented.

1 Like

Welcome! Hello fellow Eleven enjoyer!! Series 5 has to be one of my all time favourite DW series :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome! So cool that you have a Doctor Who club!

You should get all your members to join here too and they can discuss the episodes you watch :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @glass_shard . Good to have you here.

Welcome! I hope your Doctor Who Club goes from strength to strength!