International Merchandise + Figures

I was just wondering that seeing how other countries sometimes get Merchandise that we don’t get here in the UK, are there any plans to add those to the collection section?

On top of that, the same question for Doctor Who figures, I understand that due to the sheer amount of Doctor Who toys out there that this would be a slow undertaking but would these eventually be added to the collection section?

1 Like

Yes I plan to add everything that I can find info about into the collectables section.

But it’s kind of taken a back seat at the moment which is why it’s a bit bare. I’m concentrating on Stories first as that’s the main feature of the site.

If you’d like to suggest the next collectable section - maybe figures - I can see if anyone can help collate all the info!

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s completely understandable, was just curious and then went on the Discord and found that you had a list of stuff you planned to add and figures was on there. That’ll teach me for not looking for the information :sweat_smile:

I’m not entirely sure on how to track down every Doctor Who toy but, this website has a catalogue of every Character Options figure, fully upto date that would at least help keep an easy track of that.

3 Likes

Thanks for that link - really useful. I’ve written to James who created the site asking if we can collaborate - maybe he can provide a spreadsheet of what he has so far, and I can add links to his site for more information on all the toys.

3 Likes

I noticed there were only the English releases in the available in section (at least with the stories I looked at) and was wondering about it. Is there any help needed with gathering the info? I could provide some on the German releases.

I need to finish the UK side of things first before I can even consider other country releases I’m afraid. There’s so much to do!!

What specifically would you like to have different about the different country releases? I know they have different covers etc. but for tracking reasons how much does that matter?

The biggest difference is with the sixth and seventh Doktor, which both appeared in three DVD Volumes. (As well as single Blueray releases later, and a special collectors edition with all of his eps for the seventh) I admit with the collection box sets that doesn’t really make a big difference anymore. For tracking reasons it also might be interesting to be able to see which eps have a dub.
I totally understand that all the English versions have a much higher priority. This website s really awesome! I mainly asked because I was about to suggest it on an ep, but then asked myself if that would be even wanted.

1 Like

Yeah I understand. I’ll get there! Just need to first prioritise getting everything on the site. We are adding hundreds of new things every month so shouldn’t be too long now (he says, hopefully)

5 Likes