How to track Repeats

If you are embarking on a repeat viewing of a TV series, a repeat listen of a Big Finish series, or repeating all of the Eighth Doctor novels, there is now a way to keep track of where you are up to on the homepage!

First, you need to visit the Set page and click “Start a Repeat”:

From now on, any time you ‘Log a repeat’ in this set, the next story will queue up on the homepage in the “My Story Tracker” section, along with other Sets.

Note: I will be restoring the ability to have Repeats show in their own section shortly.

Just like other Sets you can go back and forward, or jump to a specific story.

If you happen to repeat something else from this set that is not the next one in the list, it will no longer jump around!

Once you’ve repeated everything you’d previously completed, the repeat is over and it will be removed from your homepage. You can track multiple sets, just like you can track them for first-time completing.

15 Likes

So excited this feature is out!!! I’m out with a friend all day today so I couldn’t try it on the testing site, but I’m sure others have got it covered

Shauny I can’t tell you how amazing you are :star_struck:

13 Likes

Edit: This is no longer the case!

Old bug

One slight downside to launching a redo of this is that it won’t actually work until your next repeat… what I mean is, I’m redoing Series 1 of Doctor Who and Torchwood for the clubs, so I started tracking repeats, but it shows this:

I’m further along than this in my current repeats, but it won’t update to show the next one until after I repeat one again.

That’s a temporary issue, one which gets fixed the next time you log a repeat, but I thought I’d just mention it in case anyone is confused :blush:

12 Likes

So could I enter all the tv episodes I’ve seen, then immediately circle back to Season 1 and start clicking them as repeats?

2 Likes

Yes that’s the idea, if you wanted to keep track of a rewatch.

1 Like

Fantastic! So I may go through and just mark everything I’ve seen as watched, but leave the rating/reviewing for when I reach it on my rewatch. Very cool

3 Likes

Edit: Removed this, it’s an old bug

Old bug

This did not work for me. I started tracking Doctor Who (1963-1996) and now I logged a repeat of Invasion but it still shows this:

1 Like

Hmmm I will take a look!

1 Like


It got logged in the diary

1 Like

I’ve fixed this!

You found a bug, thank you!

2 Likes

Yay! Thanks!

1 Like

Edit: this is no longer true in the new system! - @shauny

Do I understand correctly that this is always meant to be showing the story after the one you last repeated? Because if yes, then I found a bug. Both with gallifrey and counter measures [1] when I skip ahead and repeat a story later in the set, and then go back to where I was before [2], shouldn’t it be showing me the story after that? Because currently it gets stuck after the latest story in the set I have repeated since I started tracking the repeat. Or is this how it’s meant to be working


  1. what else would I be tracking lol ↩︎

  2. like today I listened to a story in gallifrey war room and after that a story in s6 where I actually am in my listen through ↩︎

4 Likes

Edit: this is no longer true in the new system! - @shauny

No alas this is how it’s been made to work, and I like you do a lot of skipping about so often have to untrack and retrack my repeats because it’s been designed for normal people who listen to stuff in the right order :smiling_face_with_tear:

I remember having this conversation with Shauny when the feature was in progress haha

6 Likes

Edit: this is no longer true in the new system! - @shauny

saddddd but understandable. Suppose normal people don’t need the forgotten village on a weekly basis. It still achieves my main purpose with it, which is having a quick way to get the relevant sets from my homepage haha

5 Likes

This has been updated, it will be launching soon… and that ‘bug’ where your repeats would go off-track if you happen to repeat something else in the same set will no longer happen!

5 Likes