How do you order your BigFinish collection?

I recently pre-ordered the 2025 Classic Doctor bundle from the BigFinish site, and quickly realised that I needed to reorganise my collection so that there would be enough space for said audios when they release.

I then started thinking that there has got to be a better way to organise my collection - order wise.

I know some people do theirs on chronological order - personally think that takes a LOT of dedication and I wouldn’t have the patience - whilst others just do it in order of range.

The major changes I’ve made - not sure if you’ll be able to notice on the photos - is that I’ve got the December Bonus Releases and Companion Chronicles right after the old Monthly Range.

I also completely reorganised the order I had my spin-off ranges in, because I wanted all the Gallifreyan based ranges side-by-side (starting with good Time Lords, then moving into evil ones, and bookended by Dark Gallifrey)

If anyone has any better ideas in terms of how to order a BigFinish collection, please do share, because it’s an organisational nightmare right now.

17 Likes

I don’t have any suggestions I just want to say: WOW! That is an amazing collection.

7 Likes

I love that Pertwee and Sea Devil poster :grin:

7 Likes

I see a secret badge to be earned in the middle of this image.

6 Likes

My collection is entirely digital (and not nearly as large as yours) but I order them by ranges, folders within folders within folders. The audios themselves as sorted within by their number, and I don’t bother to order the folders in any specific way. I think, if I had more than just Eight and Torchwood audios, I would probably order them by Doctor/show and then by range, and then chronologically, but there are probably crossover ranges that would mess with that. In digital you can always just have two copies or a link, which isn’t really an option in physical.

7 Likes

My collection is entirely digital. It’s offline on my home server with iTunes as the frontend. It only takes up a couple of hundred GB.

I am starting to buy BF release from eBay when I see them cheap. I have a half width book case that is empty that they will be on. When that fills up, I will buy more and put them in my spare bedroom. Put a sofa in there and my record player, and make it a nice listening space.

My organisation will be:

-Doctor Who-

• The Monthly Range
  • Individual Doctor Ranges
  • Series featuring The Doctor (CDNM, Companion Chronicles, Lost Stories, Unbound etc)

-World of Doctor Who-

• Spinoffs (Benny, Class, Torchwood)
  • Individual spinoff series. (Davros, Dalek Empire, Graceless etc)

-Audio Books-

• By series

-misc-

• everything else audio wise

There is a possibility that I may get bored at some point and order it by release date.

6 Likes

My collection is completely digital - I’ve moved too much for CDs, but I would completely go by range if I had CDs. Probably something like the MR, each Doctor, special one off sets, spinoffs, and I’d probably either do spinoffs alphabetically or by favouritism

4 Likes

Secret badge?

2 Likes

It’s from one of the DW Magazines. Can’t remember which now - think it was the one for ‘Legend of the Sea Devils’ (which is on the other side).

2 Likes

Thank you! Been building it up since 2016.

In that time I have learnt a valuable lesson.

IKEA Gnedby units are a BigFinish collector’s best friend hahaha

4 Likes

There are some badges at TARDIS.guide that are secret until you unlock them and I see that there is one that you can unlock by rating some of the once in that picture :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Impressive. I am digital only. Can’t imagine having CDs anymore. I do have some of the vinyl releases.

3 Likes

My physical big finish collection is Aliens Among Us 1… so not hard to organise

That collection is incredible

6 Likes

I order by range, but my Big Finish collection is very small and my available space is very limited.

9 Likes

My collection is very small, only been listening since April, I jusy have 13 boxsets and 3 indiviual cds so far. but i go chronologically by Doctor and then by the release date. Then any worlds of DW stuff comes next by series and release order.

7 Likes

@PalindromeRose Those are some serious organizational skills man . :scream:
Impressive. :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

7 Likes

Thanks. It’s honestly a great way of keeping my chronic OCD at bay haha

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s now been taken down. Had to make space for the Non-Binary flag I got from a recent Pride March.

The Sea Devil poster will be going back up elsewhere though.

8 Likes

I got a blank wall you know :wink:

6 Likes