Hi there! I'm Cal

Hi, my name’s Cal, and I’ve been a Doctor Who fan since 2006. New Earth was my introduction, and I quickly became obsessed when the sheer scope of the show’s history became apparent. I fell in love with Classic Who soon after too, and dabbled with Big Finish over the years. It wasn’t until 2023 when I finally decided to embark on The Pilgrimage to mark the 60th anniversary that I finally saw all of the classic series. I started An Unearthly Child on New Year’s Day, and reached Survival sometime in November. I decided to plug the gap between the TV movie and Rose with 8’s audio run from Storm Warning to Dark Eyes, and I’ve just now picked the TV series back up again with Series 1. In addition to rewatching NuWho, I’m also hoping to tackle ALL of the Big Finish monthly range at some point, as well as read all the Virgin New Adventures and Eighth Doctor Adventures, so I look forward to logging all of those here.
As for favourite Doctors… currently, it’s a five-way tie between 1, 2, 7, 9, and 12, but I truly, honestly love them all. It always feels a little trite to say, doesn’t it? But it’s true. Wonderful chaps, etc etc.

17 Likes

Welcome to the forum @CaI - great to have you here. We’re working through the monthly range from BF in our Audio Club so do come and join us when you start to tackle them. We’re also doing the New Adventures in our Book Club.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums!!!

If you’re doing a rewatch already, why not hop into the TV Club and give your thoughts!

We’ve also got the Audio Club going through the monthly range, and the Book Club which is alternating between VNAs and NSAs!

Also mentioning the Comic Club as well for completion’s sake and to fully steal @ItsR0b0tNinja 's job : P

7 Likes

Hi @CaI. Welcome to the site/forum.

If you need help with anything, feel free to ask. We’re a mostly friendly bunch. Other than @JayPea who is a gimmick thief.

10 Likes

Welcome!

If you like to log things, you’re in the right place :slight_smile:

And as the others have said, we are discussing many of the stories from the beginning, which is a fun way to experience them rather than doing it alone, so come and join in with discussions!

6 Likes

Welcome! Everyone is lovely here and it’ll be great to hear what you have to say!

6 Likes

Just because I’m a gimmick thief doesn’t mean I’m not a friendly gimmick thief!!!

:C

7 Likes

OIP

4 Likes

IMG_8589

4 Likes

Welcome to TARDIS Guide Cal :slightly_smiling_face:
Has anyone made the Charlotte Abigail Lux joke yet?:wink:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here, curios to see your opinions, especially now that you tackle a rewatch of the revival show!

Ah, I smell taste! (Just kidding, every kind of favorite Doctors is valid, although any love for the 60s Doctor is greatly appreciated in my eyes (then again I am very bias to those, since It’s quite literally my favorite decade of the televised show))
Anyway, hope to see you around here soon!

3 Likes