Hi, I'm Wes / 1stvamp

Hi! I’m Wes, I’ve been a Whovian since 1989, an unfortunate year to get into Doctor Who, but I was hooked and spent the wilderness years consuming everything I could.

I love the classics and the new, and all the bits in between; have recently got into Big Finish in a big way this past year (currently going through the glorious McGann stories we were sadly denied a TV showing).

I recently cosplayed “my Doctor” at a con in November, and met some familiar faces.
Other than that I live in Yorkshire in the North of England (lots of planets have them), with 3 mischievous kids, 2 even worse cockapoo puppies, and a very forgiving wife.

One of my ambitions this year is to visit at least 2 more cons with the all folks in the third photo and get their autographs as well (I was unfortunate to miss the autographing session that day).

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @1stvamp - it looks like we became fans in the same year and likely spent our Wilderness years in much the same rabid Doctor Who consuming way!

1 Like

Yep!
And of course Delta and the Bannermen is a work of perfection. :kissing: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

@shauny This man needs promoting immediately. :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome! 1989 was a great year for Doctor Who. The Ultimate Adventure running through the summer and Season 26 in the autumn. It’s a shame about what happened, or didn’t, afterwards! But the wilderness years held their own excitements of course.

2 Likes

So true.

tumblr_m85jt5J1Vf1qcwhkeo1_400

2 Likes

Correction: The wilderness years held their own excitements, apart from that one!