Help Me Decide What Doctor Who to Watch and Read Next!

I am going to take a vacation soon, and so I need to alter my Doctor Who plans accordingly, as I am planning on taking a break from TV Who during that time. I watch Doctor Who in a somewhat idiosyncratic order. I used to just watch whatever serial I could get my hands on, but recently I have opted to go in order, skipping serials that I have previously seen.

Which Doctor should I watch this week? Keep in mind that I will have to take a break from this Doctor in a few days. Unless I should consider watching the Sarah Jane Adventures this week instead. I watched some of them a while ago, but I am thinking of restarting and going into the back half. For reference, I usually finish 1-3 episodes of a serial per day.

• Second Doctor (Starting From Evil of the Daleks)
  • Fourth Doctor/Fifth Doctor (Starting from the result of Poll #2)
  • Watch the Sarah Jane Adventures (Starting from Mad Woman in the Attic)
0 voters

When I watch the Fourth Doctor, should I watch Keeper of Traken again since it leads into Logopolis or not? I have just finished Warrior’s Gate. I watched Keeper of Traken on its own about a year ago.

• Yes, rewatch Keeper of Traken
  • No, you can just watch Logopolis
0 voters

Which novel should I check out of the library to read on the vacation? You don’t have to have read any or all of the books in order to make a decision. I’m just bad with choices.

• Harvest of Time by Alistair Reynolds (Third Doctor)
  • The Drosten’s Curse by A.L. Kennedy (Fourth Doctor)
  • Silhouette by Justin Richards (Twelfth Doctor)
0 voters

Thank you to those who choose to help me with my Doctor Who predicament. You can comment any additional questions you may have.

12 Likes

The poll has closed! Here are the winners…
Poll #1 SJA wins, with a 48% vote share (plurality victory) Fourth Doctor is second with a 32% share. Team Troughton comes in last with a 20% share. Since I am utilizing First past the post for these polls, SJA will be next on my watchlist.
On the Traken Referendum, voters in the Tardis Guide riding opted for YES with a percentage of 62% to 38%.
The Novel representative managed to establish a narrow majority with 55% of the total vote going to Silhouette.
Thank you for voting. Your voice may not matter in actual government, but there is a chance that it mattered here.

9 Likes