Hello there! An introduction

You might know me as /u/sun_lmao on /r/gallifrey, where I’ve written a few long-form essays and posts. Why am I Melting_Snowman here? Because why not, frankly.

I’ve been a Doctor Who fan for longer than I can remember. My dad grew up as a fan, vividly remembering Sea Devils and Cybermen… My uncle actually remembers the first regeneration, and being unsure about this new fellow playing the Doctor.

So, Doctor Who’s always been part of my life. Even before the revived series in 2005, I knew and loved Doctor Who.

My favourite eras are Pat Troughton’s, Robert Holmes/Philip Hinchcliffe’s, Andrew Cartmel/Sylvester McCoy’s, and RTD1.

I’ve also recently (slowly) been making my way through the Virgin New Adventures.

A friend on a Discord server pointed me to this place and I can’t believe I never knew about it. It’s so cool!

:tardis: Allons-y!

10 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum!!

2 Likes

Welcome. You’ll have to join in on the Book Club discussion where we’re discussing the Virgin New Adventures, as well as the TV Club where we’re in the middle of Series 1.

2 Likes

Warm welcome, have a jelly baby and a jammy dodger, will you? And remember: do as the Doctor says and don’t touch anything, and you’ll be fine!

I think I’ve stumbled upon your posts on Reddit! Great to have you hear to join in on our wide range of discussions!

3 Likes

Welcome! I sometimes write essays about DW too, so you’re in good company here :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad you found us :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Melting_Snowman - it’s good to have you here.

2 Likes

welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here

2 Likes