Hello from inonoroff

I’ve been a doctor who fan since I was little. The first doctor I remember loving/being terrified of was Colin Baker’s 6th, but Sylvester McCoy is always who I’ve considered ‘my’ doctor. I was aware of the books, but had no real passion for reading at that age. It’s only recently that I’ve started to dabble when I’ve found the odd one in charity shops. I never forgot about Doctor Who, and was excited by the McGann movie, but my true love didn’t really start until I saw cassette tapes of Fearmonger and The Genocide Machine in my local music shop. The old feelings came rushing back - new adventures with ‘my’ doctor!? I couldn’t believe it. I was a student by then and couldn’t really afford it, but I bought both. I was hooked. Big Finish became both a blessing and a curse over the next few years until I got a job and could afford to both listen to new audio adventures AND eat.
I’ve loved NuWho as much as Classic, and have to admit to even owning some toy Doctors that stand on the bookcase in my office.
I’m not really a fan of most social media, but having read through several forum posts, this seems like a genuinely kind and supportive place.
I can’t wait to debate with some of you over the coming weeks, months and (hopefully) years.

18 Likes

Hey, welcome!!

2 Likes

HI and Welcome to :tardis:Guide .

2 Likes

Welcome!

Glad you find this place better than social media :laughing:

2 Likes

Welcome. Feel free to jump around. We’ve got polls, clubs and already tons of other interesting discussions. Don’t worry about feeling like you’re too late. We’d love to hear your thoughts on various topics. We’re working our way through the Virgin New Adventures (and New Series Adventures in Book Club and the Big Finish Main Range/Monthly Adventures in the Audio Club. If McCoy is your Doctor, maybe try checking out the seventh-doctor tag.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

Welcome to the :tardis: Guide fam :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to the site. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m very jealous of your Big Finish cassettes! Welcome to the site :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi and welcome. Looking forward to hearing your opinion on everything Who!

5 Likes

Hi and another welcome from me! Glad to have you join us!

5 Likes

Welcome the forum - so glad you are finding it supportive and kind! It’s good to have you here.

3 Likes