Hello from elvwood in Sheffield!

Thanks to delta for the invitation - I’ll be popping in occasionally and seeing how things go, seems like a good place to hang out.

Later!

21 Likes

Welcome! This is a brilliant place to hang out, looking forward to seeing you around!

5 Likes

A big welcome to you.

4 Likes

Hello my friend @elvwood. Glad you’ve joined us.

4 Likes

Welcome to the site/forum. I’m only 30 minutes from Sheffield. Small world.

If there is anything you need help with, just ask. We are a friendly bunch.

4 Likes

Welcome! My sister-in-law and her husband live near Sheffield, it’s a lovely place.

Let us know what your favourite things about the Whoniverse are!

4 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I’m also not far from Sheffield XD

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! Fave thing about the Whoniverse? That it can handle whatever genre, whatever medium, whatever story you want. Which is why I have a spreadsheet of stories with about 6300 entries, plus another ~150 fan-written stories I consider too good or too important to skip, plus ~380 stories from franchises that may or may not be included (Blake’s 7, Dorian Gray, Sherlock Holmes). And it’s not even up-to-date!

11 Likes

I am quite far from Sheffield. I can still say “welcome”, though, right? :blush:

7 Likes

You know who else is from Sheffield, right?

8 Likes

If I started walking right now I could be in Sheffield in just 10 days! :grin: (though I might need to sleep a couple of times underway )

8 Likes

You’ve never once entertained the thought of walking to me - and we’re fan-husbands!

9 Likes

I’m so lazy, if I was going to visit Denmark I’d interrail it!

There are great places near, far, wherever you are (oh wait, that’s Celine Dion).

5 Likes

The thing about walking is that it works in both directions :wink:

8 Likes

If you wait around a week I can join your walk.

6 Likes

Does this thread mean that it will be in Sheffield we’ll all eventually meet up for the great big TARDIS Guide get-together party at some point? :tada:

We’ll all bring specialities from our different nations and cultures!
Heads up, I might bring Snaps :grin:
And being Danish I should probably do something with Lego :denmark:

9 Likes

I can bring furniture but you have to assemble them yourself :sweden:

10 Likes

As long as you don’t bring Surströmning! :grimacing:
Once was quite enough thank you :wink:

6 Likes

A huge welcome to you @elvwood and sorry for hijacking your introduction :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: as you can see, we are a fun lot!

One of my all-time favourite rock bands originates from Sheffield. I’m going to leave you wondering which one it is :wink:

Oh, and I’d better start walking now because I have an 18-day trek ahead of me. I’ll just about make it before my summer vacation is over. See y’all in Sheffield!

6 Likes

At least we can walk together for most of the trip :slight_smile:
Doctor Who 1 GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

8 Likes