Guess the Episode 7

It’s time again for Guess the Episode! (Or close enough, anyways.) Here’s a classic b & w one for you!

As usual, I’ll give you 5 pictures, you look at them one by one, see when you figure out what episode it is, and look at the answer at the end! No way to find out if you were right until the end, unfortunately.

Screenshot 1

People are people, so why can't we?

Screenshot 2

The White Stuff

Screenshot 3

They were ugly, they were mean...

Screenshot 4

Abe. I got you Abe...

Screenshot 5

The horror!

Answer: This serial, naturally, is the Chase. And me without a single Dalek!

3 Likes

Good choice of screenshots :grin:
Got it in one!

1 Like

Thanks! I do like this particular collection of screenshots.

The book, in particular, was one I suspect people might remember, but it’s still a great moment I couldn’t not include…

3 Likes

I love that Mechanus model set. So organic and otherworldly, and then the inhabitants are great big dodecahedrons? who are barely legible without subtitles. Just perfect golden age sci-fi stuff :+1:

2 Likes

Definitely. In fact, I came close to using this picture…

Bonus

vlcsnap-2024-04-27-03h23m17s970

3 Likes

I got it in two. I thought the first one was from The Enemy of the World, but the second one was instantly familiar as the Mechanus world model from The Chase.

3 Likes

Good work!

You know, they should really revisit Mechanus some time…

2 Likes

I was wrong on picture 1, but had it by 2. That second image is iconic.

1 Like

This was exactly what I did.

2 Likes

Probably too unique of a serial to come up with too many screenshots that aren’t iconic, really. Ah well, I tried.

2 Likes

Sorry, that wasn’t meant as a criticism. It’s a beautiful image and I love these games that you do. I really enjoy playing. Thank you for putting them together!

2 Likes

No problem, I just worry that I’m making them too easy sometimes. I can honestly appreciate how difficult is for Whodle to make them as difficult as those usually are…

(Though, okay, got the latest one in two. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

In one - these are so much easier for me than Whodle because I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve watched classic Who stories.

4 Likes

No you’re not making them too easy. They have to be gettable. The main thing is for them to be enjoyable to play, which they most certainly are!

2 Likes

Yeah, kinda wish Whodle had an official classic Who version, but then, that is a large reason why I’m doing these.

3 Likes

Thanks.

Figuring out the screenshots is fun, and I’ll admit, if I wasn’t grabbing some of the more fun moments, it’d probably be less interesting even if it was harder…

2 Likes

Does the Daleks! series mean nothing to you!? /j

2 Likes

Three for me, this is an era I’m pretty rusty on!

1 Like

Admittedly, I did avoid a lot of the big memorable scenes on this one: no Daleks, no Beatles, no Marie Celeste, no Dracula, no robot duplicate of the Doctor…

1 Like

I got it in the first shot, but I did only watched it a week or so ago. It’s Vicki and Ian going to see some ‘sap’ on top of the dune. Meanwhile The Doctor and Barbara are sunbathing.

3 Likes