Goth Opera to be adapted by Big Finish

4 Likes

It seems the Novel Adaptations are having a brief renaissance.

There’s also a sale on the previous releases. Well worth a dip if you’ve some spare cash.

4 Likes

Looking forward to this! I adore Goth Opera!

3 Likes

The cast currently doesn’t include Romana? do you think she will be added later when they release the final cast or just not be included in this release?

Alas probably not, but we can only hope for a Blood Harvest adaptation!!!

2 Likes

According to Vortex magazine, Goth Opera is intended to be a one-off. That being said, BF are more than happy to keep a good thing going if it is financially viable so that can change. Support our little audio company that could and all that.

4 Likes

It saddens me the range is only coming back for one more adaptation. I would absolutely love them to fully resurrect the ‘Novel Adaptations’.

‘The Scales of Injustice’ is one I’ve been clamouring to see adapted for a while. Easily one of the best DW Books out there, and Gary Russell is a good friend to BigFinish - since he was a founding member.

3 Likes

At the time of announcement, on Twitter they were fairly transparent about how any potential future for the range is dependant on sales. I think it’s certainly on the table if Goth Opera does well to justify it, I just fear that it won’t!

With us only being around a month out now I’m as excited as ever. I even had the absolutely lovely (@)Threegado on Twitter make this artwork for me to use as my icon over there! With a vague thematic inspiration. I really hope I love the story!

5 Likes