Good day everyone

Hello I am Intodrkness (the missing a has no meaning I just can’t spell), 24 year old and from Germany (I apologise if I make any mistakes, English isn’t my first language).

I had heard about Doctor Who before and was quite interested in it, but actually started with Torchwood season 4 on free tv. After getting Netflix account in 2015 I was finally able to start with the ninth Doctor. By now I have watched all of new who and a fair chunk of classic who. Currently I am making my way more or less chronologically through the third Doctor. Usually I watch in the order of the German releases (which have sadly stopped, I think because of the Disney deal) supplemented by what ever speaks to me in English.
I don’t really have a favourite Doctor. If I had to pick one I’d probably say four, but only due to him having a lot of my favourite companions. I am very obsessed with Romana II. Because of her I made the mistake of also starting BigFinish, which my wallet still deeply regrets. At the moment I am listening to Dark Eyes.

Besides Doctor Who my hobbies include playing D&D, being a scout leader and running around in Viking clothes some time.

I don’t know yet how much I’ll really participate here, because a) social anxiety and b) I don’t have that much to say, except for maybe some questions.

24 Likes

Welcome to TARDIS Guide :tardis: We’re all really rather nice around here :grin:

4 Likes

Welcome! Great to have you here. Looking forward to hearing your unique perspective.

I’m surprised and delighted that you started with Torchwood series 4 and stayed! Have come to appreciate over the last couple of months how loved that much maligned series is.

:heartpulse:

4 Likes

Hi there. Welcome to the site.

We have TV Club Audio Club Book Club and Comic Club. They’re good places to jump into and give your spicy opinions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there is anything you want to know about in the site or forum, feel free to ask, and we will point you in the right direction.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
CJ

4 Likes

Hey welcome to the forums!!

2 Likes

Welcome!

Starting with Torchwood Season 4 is very interesting, not heard of anyone who has done that. Did you eventually go back and watch the rest of Torchwood? Season 3 is my favourite.

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Intodrkness - it’s great to have you here.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to :tardis:Guide.

3 Likes

Welcome! We’re all very friendly here, but don’t worry about lurking, the joy of forums is you can contribute as much as you like, as slowly as you like, and it’s fine to comment on old posts too. Hope you enjoy yourself here!

7 Likes

I did watched the other seasons right after. The third is my favourite as well, though I might have been a bit too young to watch it at the time.

4 Likes