Gallifrey One 2024

Who’s here? Does anyone want to try and meet up?

1 Like

Hope you enjoy yourself. Looks like a pretty pack house for guest.

I’ve never been unfortunately but would love to go sometime. Have a great time!

And spread the word about this site as you go :grin: I thought about giving someone some leaflets or something but then ran out of time… next year…!

Sadly never been. I’d love to go one day.

Just have a sign round your neck which says ‘Ask me about TARDIS Guide’.

Have a great time!

3 Likes

Never been to one but one day, I shall go there. Yes, I shall go there…

4 Likes

Fingers crossed I’m planning to go next year!!

I may be going alone, as my other half is not interested in Doctor Who lol, so would need some people to hang out with.

3 Likes

You have a year to turn your other half into a Doctor Who fan!

2 Likes

Believe me, I’ve had 18 years with him and I’ve tried and tried… :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m lucky, my partner (who had seen some of new who but not much) was willing to watch all of new who with me, and then classic, and new again… And now considers themselves a fan

(Edit: oh yeah, and SJA and all but the last season of Torchwood, not class or K-9/K-9 and company though)

We’re slowly watching classic again now, and one day I hope to get them interested in big finish (I go on about it constantly)

2 Likes

OK, then you can’t go to for another 2 years. A nice 20th anniversary surprise for him :joy:

Mine “pretends” not to like it, and is on his laptop and stuff when I am watching, but will occasionally laugh or comment so I know he is watching.

And the other day I put on a Big Finish audio while in the car (it was an episode of Doom Coalition) and he heard someone speak and said “Oh, that’s River Song”! I was so surprised he recognised her, she was incognito as well.

I think he’s a secret semi-fan, but probably would feel out of place at a convention.

5 Likes

I played the spoons in the kitchen yesterday and my wife said, ‘Who do you think you are, Sylvester McCoy?’. I was very proud.

She loves Who but nowhere near as much as me. She’d never do a con. No interest in the behind the scenes stuff.

1 Like

I need to start planning who I’m gonna cosplay as :laughing:

Cyberman voice: DO NOT WORRY, YOUR OTHER HALF WILL BE UPGRADED.

3 Likes

How was Gallifrey One @NyssaUnbound ?

Tell us all about it!

1 Like

It was lovely. This was actually my first time going, and it was great. The panels were fun and I got to meet some wondeful people. The venue itself was smaller than I’d expected, but there was so much going on. I had a full schedule the whole time, and there was still stuff I couldn’t fit in.

Derek Jacobi’s a wonderful stage presence. Riley Silverman intervewing Alex Kingston was an absolute delight. The Game of Rassilon was fun to see live. It was just a really great time.

Also, in the last Big Finish panel, Jason Haigh-Ellery accentially mentioned an upcoming release that hasn’t officially been announced yet. I won’t say what it was, just that it was very funny watching him realise his mistake and try to walk it back.

6 Likes

Sounds great. Spill the beans on the BF release please lol

4 Likes

Spill the beans. Give us a hint :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Ohhh you have to tell us!!

5 Likes