Forum read-alongs: what's next?

Okay, I am looking into the River Song book to do as the next one of these. It will be released on February 12th. It is kind of expensive, 260 SEK (I don’t know the price in other currencies). I feel like I can’t make long summaries on a new book, but maybe two or three sentence ones. The best thing is if other people also buy it. Should we do this one?

  • Yes!
  • No, do an older book
0 voters
1 Like

I’ll be honest and say, selfishly, I’d rather do a book I already have as I’ve spent a lot on Who recently what with Christmas and January Big Finish sales so can’t really justify more expenditure. Also, another parcel dropping on our doorstep might mean me having to find a believable explanation for my wife other than ‘the TG forum vote count made me do it.’.

10 Likes

I think it’d be fun to do a new one when it’s released, but it’s really up to the people who are considering buying it

4 Likes

Obviously I want to do this :star_struck:

But it’s releasing as a hardcover first. The price will drop when it’s out on paperback.

Not sure if I’d get a physical copy or get it on Kindle.

We could always wait until it’s out on paperback at least?

4 Likes

Yeah this is my thinking as well.

2 Likes

I will close the vote tomorrow or something like that, and then commit to the winning vote. I am torn.

2 Likes

I’ve moved this to its own topic so more people will see it.

3 Likes

Looks like I’m setting up a GoFundMe and I expect @shauny @sircarolyn and @turlough to give me the money to buy the book.

7 Likes

If I ever win the lottery my first purchase will be a copy for every member of the TARDIS Guide

6 Likes

I voted for doing an older one. I definitely want to do this one, but we have loads of older ones we can do while we wait for the price to drop a bit on the River one. No ned to hurry :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll have to get this one, being a completist who has every other DYD-type release, but I’ve been balking at the price myself.

I understand prices have risen dramatically in recent times, but this one seems absurd. I’m not entirely sure how soon I’d be able to get it in the US.

On the other hand, it would be the first time I’d done one of these where the first time I did it was in a forum read-along.

3 Likes

I am starting to get excited to do one of these again. Is there any interest in it?

I think that we would either do the next 10th Doctor one or we will do the River one. I feel like the Sixth Doctor ones are a bit too complicated, especially when we have not done one in half a year or so.

6 Likes

I’m up for another one!

4 Likes

Yay! More read-alongs! I’m dying of thirst and can’t wait to drink some water! And meet Tim E. Crocodile again!

5 Likes

I’m up for another one. They were fun. I forgot about these until I saw the notification.

2 Likes

Maybe do a poll?

Tenth Doctor is fine but I’m (of course) most excited for the River one.

2 Likes

Yeah I will do that. I am also more excited by the River one to be honest. Just wanted to se if there was any interest first.

3 Likes

Okey lets do this!!!

What book?

  • Stormcage: A River Song Adventure
  • Decide Your Destiny: War of the Robots
0 voters


4 Likes

Erm, why doesn’t the poll include a 6th Doctor one. I am disappointed in this abuse of democracy.

3 Likes