Favourite Series 4 + 2009 Specials Episode

What’s everyone’s favorite episode or episodes from Series 4 and the 2009 Specials? I’m breaking the New Series down by episode rather than by story because sometimes one part of a two-parter is much better than the other and with three-parters it’s usually a bit more ambiguous as to whether one counts as two stories, one story or something else. Remember, you can vote for more than one.

• Voyage of the Damned
  • Partners in Crime
  • The Fires of Pompeii
  • Planet of the Ood
  • The Sontaran Stratagem
  • The Poison Sky
  • The Doctor’s Daughter
  • The Unicorn and the Wasp
  • Silence in the Library
  • Forest of the Dead
  • Midnight
  • Turn Left
  • The Stolen Earth
  • Journey’s End
  • The Next Doctor
  • Planet of the Dead
  • The Waters of Mars
  • Dreamland
  • The End of Time: Part 1
  • The End of Time: Part 2
0 voters
2 Likes

If Dreamland gets any votes I riot /hj

3 Likes

“Don’t tell me what I can’t do.”

:cry:

extra text so I can send

2 Likes

I am honestly a bit shocked how I am the only one so far who voted for Planet of the Oods, an incredible Episode, that is truly a gem of this Series. In general, this might be one of my favorite runs of the RTD Era, right behind Eccelstons. I only really dont like the Sontaran Two Parter and I have my issues with the Stolen Earth, even if the RTD Dalek Story writer charm comes through and through.
Overall it has a strong pairing and a lot of great Episodes, even Dreamland which has not good Animation and some very stiff Animation, I find enjoyable (I actually argue if they had the Budget it would have been a much cooler Special than Planet of the Dead). The Specials on the other Hand, I find myself not enjoying those that much. Waters of Mars is great, no doubts. The rest? Next Doctor is better than most would rate it for me but falls flat at the end. Planet of the dead is just the most okay Episode in Tennants Era. And the End of Time is extremely flawed, saved by Bernards and Tennants stellar Acting.
(And yes, before somebody points it out: Dream Land is by no means perfect and has a lot of issues, but for what it is, it’s actually decent in my eyes. I am so sorry, JayPea…)

2 Likes

Turn Left is simply a masterpiece, Bernard Cribbins really gets to showcase all of his range as an actor

5 Likes

I’d watch Dreamland on a loop for 24 hours before subjecting my eyes to The End of Time again :flushed::wink:

4 Likes

:CCCC

In all seriousness, I am overstating my hatred of it slightly for the bit, but yeah the only reason I’d rewatch it is the point and laugh at it with friends, preferably over a glass of cider

Justice for Voyage of the Damned, the best RTD1 christmas special

2 Likes

Just doing a spell check here, you misspelled “The Next Doctor” @hasrock36 . Don’t worry, it can happen to the best of us :wink:

6 Likes

Turn Left is literally one of my favourite episodes ever, I’ve watched it many many times and it always hits.

2 Likes