Favourite Series 1 Episode

What’s everyone’s favorite Series 1 episode or episodes? I’m breaking the New Series down by episode rather than by story because sometimes one part of a two-parter is much better than the other and with three-parters it’s usually a bit more ambiguous as to whether one counts as two stories, one story or something else. Remember, you can vote for more than one.

• Rose
  • The End of the World
  • The Unquiet Dead
  • Aliens of London
  • World War Three
  • Dalek
  • The Long Game
  • Father’s Day
  • The Empty Child
  • The Doctor Dances
  • Boom Town
  • Bad Wolf
  • The Parting of the Ways
0 voters

I find myself feeling like The Unquiet Dead isn’t really getting enough love over here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Both Charles Dickens and Gweneth were played really well in this episode…

2 Likes

I was always rather underwhelmed by The Unquiet Dead but when I rewatched it for my marathon, I finally warmed to it more and found lots I really liked. In fact, I’m going to adjust my votes above.

1 Like

Admittedly, I’m not sure if I liked it as much on my first watch, but season 1 is my most rewatched season of New Who, and it definitely seems to benefit from a rewatch.

I do overall think this was a great season, too. Really wish we’d gotten more of 9…

2 Likes

I find it interesting if predictable that the Slitheen two-parter and The Long Game are nobody’s favorites. Maybe that will change after the TV Club hits those stories.