Favourite Season 4 Story

What’s everyone’s favorite Season 5 story or stories? Remember, you can vote for more than one.

• The Smugglers
  • The Tenth Planet
  • The Power of the Daleks
  • The Highlanders
  • The Underwater Menace
  • The Moonbase
  • The Macra Terror
  • The Faceless Ones
  • The Evil of the Daleks
0 voters
1 Like

Macra Terror!! The fact that it has maybe the best animation certainly helps matters. Really I have a fondness for that whole animated run: The Faceless Ones, The Macra Terror, Evil of the Daleks.

1 Like

Remember, you can vote for more than one.

I know, but however much I like this season overall, Macra is my favorite :eyes:

My Top Three would be:

The Tenth Planet. Such a great regeneration story and one of the better base-under-siege stories. The debut of the Cybermen is their most creepy appearance.

The Power of the Daleks. A very strong debut for Troughton. The 2016 animation is the earliest example of a great animated reconstruction, and I quite like the slightly darker tone and the renewed mystery around the Doctor’s identity.

The Evil of the Daleks. It’s long and has plenty of filler, but I like how it crosses styles and periods and how it’s meant to be the epic final end of the Daleks (it lasted 7 years!).

The Macra Terror is solid as well (very underrated, the animation is great), while I find The Smugglers hopelessly boring

2 Likes

All solid choices :+1:
(Though you are very wrong about The Smugglers :wink:)

1 Like

I’m willing to give it a new chance once we reach it in the TV Club :wink:

1 Like

I was never that fussed about The Smugglers but I really enjoyed it when I ‘rewatched’ it recently. It’s definitely one I think would shoot up in opinion ala Enemy of the World if it was ever rediscovered.

3 Likes

I believe this as well. I think that the absence of proper telesnaps makes it a bit of a chore to sit through. An animated reconstruction might bring it to life better, though, or a rediscovery of the episodes!

1 Like

Yet another Season, which I absolutely love!
Season 4 was definitely a messy one, but I won’t lie, looking at the set of stories they are all either amazing or good. The only weak point for me might be The Tenth Planet, which is not a bad Story, but for sure a bland one, especially in hindsight. Other than that? Two of the best daleks stories. Two very funny historicals. A pretty good Cybermen Story. And Macra Terror, which is just remarkable! One of my favorite Seasons of the 60s

2 Likes

On top of the Season Polls, I created Favorite Companion polls which are interesting to look at.

1 Like

Will make sure to check them out eventually too!

1 Like

If you want an easy way to look at all the various polls, check out the poll tag.

1 Like