Favourite Season 23 Story

What’s everyone’s favorite Season 23 story or stories? Remember, you can vote for more than one.

• The Mysterious Planet
  • Mindwarp
  • Terror of the Vervoids
  • The Ultimate Foe
0 voters
2 Likes

I always loved Terror of the Vervoids. Easily wins it for me.

1 Like

The Season 23 Blu-ray has a Standalone Special Edition that’s the story with all the trial scenes excised.

1 Like

Am I to be the sole voice defending Mel Bush and her megabyte modem? :grin:

3 Likes

Which edition is the better one? I haven’t got the Collection Blu-rays… yet

6th best season that unfortunately did not stick the landing. But I like the 3 first stories equally.

2 Likes

Don’t know, I’ve only watched the story once since I got the set and that was the original broadcast version.

1 Like

Vervoids is so fun and Colin & Bonnie’s chemistry is incredible

3 Likes

Mysterious Planet and Vervoids is my vote. The latter contains what I consider to be the scariest Doctor Who monster. I saw a photograph from the 1990s with them on display at a convention—shudder.

Mindwarp has some great scenes, too.

2 Likes

Glad to see some Vervoids appreciation in here, I always get the sense that it’s a really underrated story

2 Likes

Voting all 4 because I just love all of Trial

2 Likes

Hands down gotta be Mindwarp for me. I love a bit of a mind-bending Doctor Who story, especially when it gets a bit grim, and Mindwarp is about as bendy and grim as the TV show gets.

4 Likes

Easily Terror of the Vervoids, while as always I enjoy Colin in this Season, that Story probably shows the strength of her having a much “softer” sixth Doctor. In general, while I still enjoy it, it’s definitely on the weaker side when it comes to Seasons of Doctor Who, still I admire what they tried to pull off, and I am glad the Show continued beyond this Arc!

6 Likes