Favourite Big Finish theme tune?

I was just listening to the intro to the Eighth Doctor’s Time War set, it’s such a groovy tune I love it!

What’s your favourite intro music to a Big Finish audio?

6 Likes

I love the UNIT series theme and the Jago and Litefoot one.

2 Likes

I love the War Doctor theme! There was one alternative ‘standard’ Doctor Who theme in one of the MR episodes which I now can’t remember (wow, useful), but I love it when they put a fun twist on the ‘standard’ theme. And I really like Eight’s theme too.

Otherwise, Gallifrey s4 is great, and I really like New Counter-Measures too. And of course, the classic Iris Wildthyme theme makes me so happy with how fun it is.

1 Like

I really like the war master one

3 Likes

I like the Missy theme a lot. Very bombastic, just like her.

7 Likes

I still like the one-off one from Vienna: The Memory Box

1 Like

I love the big brash Bondian theme for River Song

Counter-Measures theme really captures the era & tv shows of the time that probably inspired the show.

Jago & Litefoot. Really evokes the victoriana setting & the sense of advenutre

6 Likes

I really like the way the Big Finish Torchwood theme builds on the original theme. It sounds much better but is still clearly the same one.

3 Likes

Oh that reminds me, the Victorian Torchwood theme is so good

2 Likes

I cannot pick just one favourite BigFinish theme tune, so here’s two.

• ‘Graceless’

I like to think this series has its own title sequence to, which they used as the trailer for the fourth box set. I just love how ethereal and majestic it sounds.

• ‘The War Master’

A perfect distortion of the Doctor Who theme. Also realised a couple of days ago that I started humming it whilst walking along outside, so it’s pretty much embedded into my mind.

7 Likes

The alternative theme for Jago & Litefoot S5

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m entirely biased for the theme of The Robots, and it was the only Big Finish Theme Tune that I liked on the first listen. It just fits the entire vibe of that range excellently.

I also really like the Series 1-3 theme of Gallifrey as well as the S9 8-Bit variant of the The Diary of River Song theme. That last one used to be my mobile phone ringtone for quite a while, not that I ever get any calls but, it was always fun when I did :rofl:

8 Likes

I loved that 8-bit theme tune but sadly it was the only good thing about that episode :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, it definitely was the less-good one of that box set. From what I remember I enjoyed the rest though.

3 Likes

nothings gonna beat the original theme they used for the eighth doctor for me… its so distinctive. sort of industrial and eerie and strange. it feels SO correct for that early era of the main range, and especially for how spooky and weird the early eighth doctor audios are with stuff like The Natural History of Fear and The Chimes of Midnight. it feels like the way his Tardis looks too, with all the dim blue lighting and high ceilings and metal struts. cold and metallic and echoey. if it werent for the fact that the original files for it apparently were lost id love a remastered version. although i sort of doubt a remaster would be able to maintain the vibe of the original.

second place for me is probably the first Bernice Summerfield theme with that groovy spy movie instrumental… its so fun and really sticks in your head, i honestly wish they kept that melody as a motif in later soundtracks, it’s iconic.

9 Likes

Adventure is my name!! Adventure is my game!! I wanna play with youuuu~

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve not listened too much but the eighth theme from the main range goes unapologetically HARD!!!

7 Likes

I actually don’t like the Eighth Doctor’s theme :sob:

It may be because I’ve heard it a million times lately in my binge but I was so relieved that they changed it for Time War, that was the inspiration for this thread lol.

It just makes my ears bleed!

3 Likes