Favorite Serials from a (not that) random list

Just curious what your favorite serials of the ones below are.

Context on this is that this is actually a list of classic Doctor Who serials I haven’t watched yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mostly I’m thinking about where to go after Web Planet, since that had been on the list and I’ve now watched it.

• Marco Polo
  • The Reign of Terror
  • The Crusade
  • Galaxy 4
  • The Myth Makers
  • The Daleks’ Master Plan
  • The Massacre
  • The Celestial Toymaker
  • The Savages
  • The Smugglers
  • The Highlanders
  • The Underwater Menace
  • The Moonbase
  • The Macra Terror
  • The Faceless Ones
  • The Evil of the Daleks
  • The Abominable Snowman
  • The Wheel In Space
  • The Invasion
  • The Space Pirates
0 voters

Some of these I did start at one point or another and didn’t finish. And eventually I plan on watching all of them, of course…

2 Likes

I’m a proper outlier in that I don’t rate Marco Polo, The Crusade, The Massacre or The Dalek’s Masterplan.

I recently ‘rewatched’ The Smugglers and actually really enjoyed it. I really like The Faceless Ones and The Macra Terror.

And as for The Celestial Toymaker - that one’s taken a real drubbing in recent years but I’ve always enjoyed it and the new animation that’s coming is apparently very good.

1 Like

The Faceless Ones and The Macra Terror are actually both ones that I started watching at one point, then decided I felt more like doing something else, and it wasn’t the fault of the serials (think I’d just watched several serials and decided I was Doctor Who’d out for the moment), so they are definitely up there on ones for me to check out, especially since they have animations. Seeing more Ben and Polly is something I’d like to do.

Celestial Toymaker is one I do kinda want to watch, especially since he returned… but I’m definitely waiting until the animation comes out.

You know, the Dalek’s Masterplan has always sort of been in the back of my mind as the last one I’ll watch, because watching 12 episodes would be difficult enough without some of them being missing…

I’m a big ol fan of The Invasion. The longer ones often lose my interest easier just because the pacing is always really odd to me, but this is one of the few that actually kept me engaged the entire time. The TARDIS team of Jamie, Zoe and Two all get really fun moments. The side characters also fit in very well. They use the Cyberman brilliantly. I am pretty biased though because it’s the second appearance of The Brig, who is one of my favourite characters. (spoiling just in case OP wants to go in fairly blind)

The Space Pirates is so underrated :pensive:

1 Like

I need someone to count how many times Vaughn says Packer in the Invasion…

1 Like

We aRe go-iNg to Be tOo laTe a-gAin.
Is that the episode 1 or 2 cliffhanger? :joy: The Space Pirates is a lot of fun

1 Like

Hard call since there is a lot that I like or love I’d go with Daleks Masterplan, Massacre, Evil of the Daleks, Macra Terror, Smugglers, and the Invasion probably! All offer some great Things to it. Two superb Dalek Epics with some great and interesting dynamic between our Tardis Teams! A dark historical that is just superb! The total Opposite with one of the funnier ones with the Smugglers (if this Story has no one as a fan than you bet my name is mr. no one as a fan). Macra Terror, you probably already heard the Praise for it. And of course the Invasion a big Epic, which shows some of the best banter between 2, Jamie and Zoe!

1 Like