Episode Discussion: The War Between the Land and the Sea - Episode 5 - The End of the War

This thread contains open SPOILERS for The War Between the Land and the Sea - Episode 5. Please only discuss this episode here, use the other threads for discussions about future episodes.

Barclay stands alone, UNIT is powerless, and the oceans rise as the war reaches its climax. While traitors conspire, can Barclay find Salt before it’s too late?

This’ll be posted the Friday before the episode airs on BBC, so you can speculate and such before it comes out here.

Just for fun, add your rating here (after you’ve watched it):

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters

Remember to keep spoilers in this topic until after it airs on Disney+

1 Like

Okay, Russell, it’s Myrka or bust.

5 Likes

RTD said in the Whoniverse show that there is a post-credit scene in this episode. He also said that the Doctor is not in it. It sounded more like a coda than a hint of what is to come.

6 Likes

It’s clearly going to tie into K9 & Company in some way.

5 Likes

That figures, I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that RTD is a Marvel fan. The MCU loves post credits scenes.

2 Likes

K9 has just stopped a bomb from exploding. The celebrations end. K9 rolls away…

Only for Salt to appear from the Shadows.

SALT: Hey… I heard you need some… Company.

3 Likes

Maybe Karvanista comes to kidnap Kate.

1 Like

I don’t think RTD intended for people to be laughing at the last 10 minutes or so, but :joy:

7 Likes

For what it’s worth, that’s RTD’s strongest finale in 20 years

11 Likes

Well damn that was a finale. In a good way I do like it. Was kinda thrown off by that ending though cause did he just become one..? Was that what those shots were? Cause I thought those were the virus or smth

That scene of the guy spitting water reminded me of fury from the deep though

But Is it bad to say I ship them. I buy the romance between them. I call Barclay a fish ■■■■■■ but dare I say he’s allowed to be when it was earned.

5 Likes

RTD: They’ll be crying their eyes out, it’s so emotional.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Always gotta be the fish people they haunt me :rofl:

1 Like

No Myrka.

0/10

6 Likes

Not sure how people were expecting the 14th Doctor and 15th Doctor to show up.

I feel like that finale was silly enough without Tennant rocking up and doing a speech.

6 Likes

He’s still knocking back cocktails in Donna’s garden, while Asda bags float around and Mel has 138 unanswered messages from UNIT.

8 Likes

I feel like what Kate said about the Doctor was enough tbh

7 Likes

Ultimately happy how the whole serial played out, did get some mad Children of Earth vibes throughout, almost like they were consciously trying to emulate it…

4 Likes

“Ma’am, it’s the Doctor on the phone. Barclay’s Doctor”

KATE: But he didn’t tell us which Doctor he met, he just very generically said “I met the Doctor once.”

“No, his medical Doctor”

KATE: Ohhhhh.

“He’s got fish brain cancer.”

KATE: Whatever medication he prescribed Barclay, tell him to double it. I heard that fixes things.

12 Likes