Episode Discussion: The War Between the Land and the Sea - Episode 3 - The Deep

This thread contains open SPOILERS for The War Between the Land and the Sea - Episode 3. Please only discuss this episode here, use the other threads for discussions about future episodes.


Episode 3: The Deep — 14 December 8:30pm
Barclay makes a terrifying descent into the world of Homo Aqua. Back on the land, Kate stands alone as Downing Street conspires with the army to change the course of the war.

This’ll be posted the Friday before the episode airs on BBC, so you can speculate and such before it comes out here.

This topic is only for episode 3! For episode 4 use this topic:
Episode Discussion: The War Between the Land and the Sea - Episode 4

Just for fun, add your rating here (after you’ve watched it):

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters

Remember to keep spoilers in this topic until after it airs on Disney+

1 Like

Here we go! Heading deep down below! Will we meet the Myrka? Sea monsters? Secret supervillain lairs? Probably not!

7 Likes

I hope we get a glimpse of Atlantis (3x destroyed), the Myrka, the corpse of Professor Zaroff, and a dead Racnoss.

5 Likes

I’m pumped for another meeting :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was gonna say, I definitely am waiting for some sort of Fish People reference.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what to expect, but I’m looking forward to this, seeing as I’ve been impressed so far.

1 Like

Two unconvincing actors do some acting, in this preview:

1 Like

Never understood the criticism Redgrave gets - I think she’s perfectly fine. And I don’t really think Devrient has been given much to work with (and especially not this ill-advised romance).

10 Likes

It’s not their fault Kate and Ibrahim have the written chemistry of a wet paper bag

11 Likes

Well let’s be honest, Alexander Devrient is a charisma vacuum which doesn’t help. Sometimes I forget he’s there even when in a scene!

Ibrahim has 100% Star Trek Red Shirt Energy.

6 Likes

She is, but should be better than fine. She’s just a bit flat. Then again she has been give some right old crap to say ‘I hope there will be birds’, ‘I think we’re all your children’ etc etc.

6 Likes

I’m happy with fine. Not every actor in Doctor Who has to be the best thing ever. There’s plenty of ‘fine’ acting in Doctor Who including from plenty of companions (and Doctors on occasion).

5 Likes

Also, Kate you’re his boss! Hands off ffs.

9 Likes

Episode 3, the Meep?

3 Likes

When they were kissing in the second episode I felt really awkward :sob:

7 Likes

4 Likes

The Doctor really said “you put the plastic in the oceans so you can deal with it.” haha

4 Likes

He said “Your problem , not mine”

3 Likes

An underwater base is something I was hoping to see in this series. So far, I’m loving the sci-fi and political elements of the story.

5 Likes