Episode Discussion: The War Between the Land and the Sea - Episode 1 - Homo Aqua

This thread contains open SPOILERS for The War Between the Land and the Sea - Episode 1. Please only discuss this episode here, use the other threads for discussions about future episodes.

Episode 1: Homo Aqua — 7 December 8:30pm
An ordinary man finds himself caught in the conflict between land and sea as the Thames reveals some terrifying secrets.

This topic is only for episode 1! For episode 2 use this topic:
Episode Discussion: The War Between the Land and the Sea - Episode 2

This’ll be posted the Friday before the episode airs on BBC, so you can speculate and such before it comes out here.

Just for fun, add your rating here (after you’ve watched it):

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters

Remember to keep spoilers in this topic until after it airs on Disney+

2 Likes

Such a surprise to me that this show is already here!

I’m not going to watch any of the episodes until my exams are done, so it’ll be a while before I can come back to this thread—but it’s quite exciting. I haven’t been thinking about this show much as the trailers and ideas haven’t fully compelled me but having anything Who on television always gives me a fluttery happy feeling!

7 Likes

I liked the bit where they made a subtle Doctor Who reference.

7 Likes

Will there be a thread for Episode 2 at the same time, given they’re releasing episodes together?

4 Likes

It’s going to be Sunday, as there’s no need to talk about episode 2 until it’s live.

4 Likes

You may wish to mute this topic, or at least put it on “Normal” tracking, as otherwise you might get alerts with spoilers in them!

4 Likes

Episode 1 preview clip:

2 Likes

Hooray, a new episode discussion thread :partying_face:

I haven’t thought about The War Between very much between my ongoing 60s first time watch and the fact the BBC has barely promoted it, but I’m excited to get some more televised Doctor Who-adjacent content before the 12 month drought next year.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Exciting! When will I get to watch this? Who knows?!

4 Likes

I really hope they manage to pull together whatever they’re trying to do with UNIT here but I don’t know if I trust McTighe to do it. Even this is so mixed and jumbled. Look, it’s lovely Kate! We know her! Oh but she’s doing some bad interrogation, oh no! But also UNIT’s ability to literally uncover this man’s entire life worse than when Russell had him climb that treee is sort of treated as both sinister and triumphant? I’m quite looking forward to it, but I do think it’s going to be a mess.

Anyone else get the impression that we’re rounding off RTD2’s greatest hits tour and he asked Pete to “do me a quick Children of Earth please”

5 Likes

At 8:30pm on Sunday 7th December UK time via an extremely high powered telescope.

9 Likes

I’ll try really hard not to spoil you before you get to see it sometime in 2026.

1 Like

Without paying the licence fee?! That’s a one way ticket to UNIT’s alien jail for you my son :man_police_officer:

If you spoil as much as one syllable, I will make sure that every existing copy of Delta and the Bannermen is erased forever!

What do you think you can do all alone against the entire EU?! That’s right! We stand strong and ready with our telescopes! Bring it on!

4 Likes

You’ll have to prise my copies from my cold dead hands.

3 Likes

I can predict the next War Between installment now - The War Between The British Broadcasting Corporation And Overseas Viewers Dodging The Licence Fee Via Telescopic Means, or TWBTBBCAOVDTLFVTM to give it a very simple acronym. Coming 2027!

10 Likes

This is why it’s a good thing I’m a couple of decades younger than you. It’s just a matter of time and patience :wink:

It simply rolls off the tongue! And it’ll be a hoot!

4 Likes

9 Likes