Harry and Sarah ā€œOld Girlā€ Jane
Bill and Nardole
Dan and Yaz

Just to name some of my favourites :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Sutekh And the Beast

12 Likes

6 Likes

(She would be so much better than Emma Watson)

3 Likes

Agreed that 2 is perfect! 3 is too busy but 1 always feels a little lonely to me

5 Likes

Agree with 4/5 of those. :rofl: 1 I havenā€™t seen properly.

3 Likes

I just started this episode but that introduction with UNIT and the guy just smoothly saluting the TARDIS on its entrance might be the coolest Iā€™ve seen of UNIT in any context to date. That rumoured spin-off has never seemed more likely and this introductory scene has just sold me on the idea completely.

8 Likes

Giving big Theresa May vibes here

12 Likes

SUTEKH BABYYYYYYYY

RTD really knows how to ramp up tension! This is, as many people have said, a classic RTD finale first partā€”itā€™s very Bad Wolf, very Army of Ghosts, very Utopia. I enjoyed the buildup and the reveal very much, but people are right when they point out how contrived the whole setup is. Thatā€™s also very RTDā€”throwing lots of cool stuff at the screen without the plot and logic to back it up. I donā€™t know how well the episode will withhold a rewatch.

That being said, I really enjoyed it!! I love tension and buildup and horrible revelations. I was very happy to see Sutekh (adore that they got Gabriel Woolf back!), and I enjoyed all the little dalliances we got along the way. They literally walk into a VHS tape! How magical is that?

And I wonder what the deal is with Mrs Flood? (My guess is sheā€™s going to be a Secret Hero and she and Cherry Sunday are going to save the day at the last minute with nothing but a cup of tea and a bag of shopping. Iā€™m completely sold of this theory :wink:)

All hail Sutekh and his gift of death!

14 Likes

Holy crap. Sutekh just got a Master-level introduction I would compare to the level of Utopia. A really solid experience for me overall with a lot of fun characters, a lot of intrigue, and some great pacing that really heightened the suspense. So many moments that felt like a gift to fans new and old.

14 Likes

One thing going around in the back of my mind.

Mel was brilliant in this episodeā€¦ but I really feel I know which classic companion RTD wanted in this episode, one who would go do undercover work, and who had met Sutekh beforeā€¦

12 Likes

Agree - I devinitly got a ā€œSusan, only olderā€-vibe. Her more ā€œotherwordlyā€/ā€œspaced outā€ character could very easily make a scary impression.

11 Likes

And we already know that Susan doesnā€™t like preparing food for others from The Dalek Invasion of Earth, that probably goes for tea as well. :wink:

13 Likes

If Mrs. Flood goes after Cherry with a pair of scissors, weā€™ll know for sureā€¦

11 Likes

Seeing as how Sutekh has/is? the TARDIS, I wonder if that is why we have a clip of 15 and Mel in the memory TARDIS in the trailer?:thinking:

6 Likes

My guess would be that that clip is actually from Tales of the TARDIS: Pyramids of Marsā€¦

5 Likes

Hmmm, a lot to mull over. I didnā€™t hate it, but I agree with some of the comments above that it was a little too bombastic and drawn out for my taste. I do love Pyramids though so I am happy to see Sutekh return. Not sure I like him being a big CGI dog thoughā€¦

otherwise TRICKSTER MENTION!!! :star_struck:

And of course this is all I was thinking about:

I maintain that there hasnā€™t been a single good Sutekh episode since Pyramids, but maybe next week will change that. Must say also Iā€™m a little disappointed about the Susan fakout, I would have loved to have seen her back.

Also also I LOVE MEL BUSH!!!

9 Likes

I thought that as well. But that clip is only in the Disney+ trailer, could just be a simple mistake then but stillā€¦
My brain then goes into overdrive and tells me that since the memory TARDIS only was on the Disney+ trailer then that must mean that D+ is close to the rights for Tales of the TARDIS! *

*Please allow me this delusion :wink:

7 Likes