DWM Cover Reveal

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR UPCOMING SEASON

Love this cover.

9 Likes

I seen this eariler and fell in love with it.

1 Like

As a big Beatles fan I may need to get this one.

2 Likes

I LOVE THIS COVER!

And I love how it’s a nod to the second Beatles album cover as well.

3 Likes

The cover has been getting quite the beating elsewhere online and over at Gallifrey Base!

Lots of comments about how the Beatles looks nothing like the Beatles and how the general composite of the cover is dodgy.

Not being familiar with the original album cover, I’m not in a place to really comment.

The bag design is getting slightly better coverage:

1 Like

The original album cover:

Withthebeatlescover

1 Like

Now I see why some people are unhappy that Lennon is wearing glasses on the DWM version.

I was just about to post that!

And no, they don’t look like the real Beatles (I can’t point out who is who, except for Lennon), but maybe that’s the point - and this is just meant to be a homage after all.

Of course the Beatles don’t look quite right, they’re actors playing the Beatles. Personally, I think it’s great and looks similar enough to be a loving homage.

2 Likes

I agree - there’s a bit of an overreaction to them not looking much like the real people but when have historical figures ever actually looked like they do in Who - Winston Churchill didn’t look anything like Ian McNiece, for example!

3 Likes

Haters are going to hate no matter what.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of this design. The text looks like it was thrown together in Paint or Word.

It does look a bit like Word Art!

1 Like

You know, I have a bit of an issue with this cover. It’s a good idea to use the original image with the Doctor and Ruby in it, and Lennon’s glasses aren’t the issue for me…

The Beatles on the new cover are way too happy! Just look at the image of the actual Beatles, have you ever seen a more miserable bunch?? Ncuti is the only one who comes close to understanding the assignment! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Nicked from twitter (via the Poke as I don’t visit that horrid place anymore)

And even better is this one:

GL31ljsWsAAI9lo

courtesy of the rather funny Pip Madeley (his Youtube channel is excellent).

6 Likes

Let’s do one with some of with just doctors and or companions