DWM #2 - Discussion Page

Because the first 200 issues of DWM are easily accessable on Archive (Doctor Who Magazine Archive : Doctor Who Magazine : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive), I thought it would to get discussions going on each issue. Be it about the comics, articles, short stories, how fandom has changed over the last 30-45 years, etc. This thread is specifically for DWM #2.

Read the article about the Cybermen. I find it interesting that it stipulates that the Cybermen originated on Telos and invaded Mondas when the rogue planet wandered into range. I think the prevailing “theory” these days is either the opposite (that the Mondasian Cybermen invaded/retreated to Telos) or that the Cybermen evolved independently on the two planets.

Finished this one. I’m enjoying the Dalek story, but just found the “Dr. Who and the Turgids” comic to be dumb fluff. I guess that’s supposed to be Romana I. It doesn’t really look like either incarnation. In all, a light kids magazine at this point. Mostly made up of comics. There are some interesting little bits, but nothing terribly interesting as a whole. It’s still in its infancy and has yet to be become a driving source of behind-the-scenes information that it would later be.

1 Like